Missing child!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Chimp, May 18, 2008.

1. Chimp

Chimp Well-Known Member

2. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

The Blue Lights were all over the flea market tonight when we drove by.

I hope the river is not part of this.

Prayers to the family.

3. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I was hoping that he would have been found by the time I got up this morning. So sad. Family must be hysterical.

4. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

I too was hoping this would be a quick search and they would find him hiding in the produce! (or something to laugh at years from now!!)

As I look at my 3 year old with tears in my eyes for this family, I pray they find him quickly with a happy ending.

How near the water is the flea market? I have never been there, are the chances greater that he was taken, than wandered off?

I just cant even begin to imagine... we have all had that 5 second scare that seemed to last forever... I think anything more than that would cause my heart to just stop!!

5. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

do y'all think it's harsh that i told my 6 year old about this today and told him this is why mommy and daddy freak out if you don't stay with us in public places?

i hope this turns out for the good

6. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Nope, don't think it's harsh at all! I think when kids are sheltered and not given the blunt truth about society they don't have the fear that can keep them safe......if that makes sense......

7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

not harsh at all. This is something he can understand. I think its a good time to make the point.

8. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

you are good, i agree and say the same things to my 2 boys!

9. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I don't think that is harsh at all, of course this is coming from the mom who told her 3.5 YO the other day that if she did not stay with mommy in the store, she might go home with some freak and never see mommy again. Reason and logic... it worked with my son when he was young as well.

10. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

not at all!

11. Chimp

Chimp Well-Known Member

A homeschool friend emailed me this.

There is not much new news but here is the Amber Alert for Dave
    > Davenport's little boy :
    > http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/2904214/
    > Please keep him in your thoughts.
    > Dave is in Vietnam on a trip and we do not know if he will be able to
    > come home. Rosna, the boy's mother, has been talking to the FBI and
    > the police, we can only hope they do their job well and Roji is found
    > safely very soon. He is a very cute and sweet little 3 year old.
    >
    >

How sad! Can you imagine how the father must be feeling right now. To be so far away while this is happening.
    I hope the find the poor child soon and in good health.

12. AWmom

AWmom Well-Known Member

I called the JC sheriff's dept to see if more people are needed for the search effort and they said "no". They have many specially trained search teams and that the nearby neighbors and family are searching. I was hoping that I could help out in any effort they needed. How awful and devastating. I too, woke up this am hoping that he was found last night and there would be good news.

I am wondering if someone may have abducted him since he was gone so quickly.

13. Cleopatra

That's what I am thinking. This is why I load my kids into the car before my purchases.

14. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

That is what I always do....I sure hope they find him safe. I got alot of calls today to becareful since I do go into Smithfield alot but than again, it can happen anywhere.

Ro

15. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

But how could she not have heard/seen him get taken by someone if he was right there with her? That's what I don't understand. If he wandered off it seems like someone would have turned him in immediately, so it doesn't make sense to me. :?:

16. dangerboy

an unattended 3 year old 35 pound kid would be easy to sweep up with one arm while covering his mouth with the other...

17. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

That flea market is SUPER BUSY on the weekends. It would be super easy for someone to snatch him up. I just hope the little fella is OK. Prayers go out to his family!

18. AWmom

AWmom Well-Known Member

That is what I am thinking too. I also read that she did not report anything until after an hour b/c she and friends were looking for him. And then there was also a language barrier. This stinks. I have been thinking about him all day and just pray that he will be found all safe and sound. I hugged my kids extra harder and longer today when they got home from school. I keeping checking the website hoping that they are going to say he is found. Everyone needs to pray for this little guy!

19. dangerboy

after this amount of time...36 hours...it's not looking good for him just wandering off. he'd have come out of whatever hiding place he was in by now if he was nearby...

20. Cleopatra

I just read that too. An hour???