Missing child!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Chimp, May 18, 2008.

1. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

I am praying for a miracle for this child.

2. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

I keep hoping someone will post good news everytime I log on...We are definitely praying for him. I cannot begin to imagine what the family is going through.

3. Rockwell

Rockwell Well-Known Member

You Can pick up Flyers at the Smithfield PD

4. garnet

garnet Well-Known Member

I got up this morning and see they have cancelled the amber alert and the child has been found safe and sound.

They didn't report anymore details than that.

5. Beezor

Beezor Well-Known Member

God is good!! Thank the good Lord that he is ok!

6. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

I am so relieved. I wonder what really happend. I hope it was not the mom in anyway!

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

They are having a press conference at 11:00-ish, it was on the WRAL article.

8. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

Hopefully the Mom wasn't involved ... but the story seems to point in that direction. I'm really glad Roji is OK.

(below story copied from 1270wmpm.com)
    Missing 3 Year-Old Found Unharmed, Amber Alert Cancelled
    A 3 year-old boy who disappeared Sunday from a Smithfield flea market was found unharmed Tuesday morning. The Amber Alert for Siraj Munir Davenport, who goes by the name of Roji, was cancelled around 12:30am after police announced the child had been found. Police are withholding additional details about where and how he was found until a news conference is held later today. Roji’s safe discovery came just hours aftera candlelight vigil was held for the little boy at Barbour’s Grove Park in Four Oaks, and after his mother was interviewed by detectives for several hours at the Smithfield Police Department. The FBI, NC Highway Patrol, and Johnston County Sheriff’s Office also assisted in the investigation. Davenport was reported missing Sunday at the Brightleaf Flea Market at 2320 South Brightleaf Boulevard. His mother told authorities she was loading produce into her car and had turned away from her child just a moment. She says when she turned back he was gone. His disappearance prompted a massive two day search by ground and air before Roji was found early Tuesday. Stay tuned to AM1090 WTSB for the latest details throughout the day today.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

According to the article on WRAL, the mother is NOT a suspect at this time.

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I smell something fishy......

11. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

From the Personals...

FREE: info! PLEASE READ..
    Categories: Personals No
    Photo

Ad Number: 89108
    Date Posted: 05/19/2008
    four oaks, nc

Telephone:
    E-Mail: Reply to Ad
    Web Site:

Description
    i just wanted to put word out there about a LOCAL gas station that i feel does NOT deserve our business...i will give you info. and you can decide yourself, whether you would like to give them your business or not...

kangaroo/bp on the corner of brightleaf and bookerdairy rd.

THIS BUSINESS REFUSED TO POST A MISSING CHILD FLYER OF A LOCAL 3 YR OLD THAT WENT MISSING YESTERDAY!!!

i guarantee you, if it was the manager's child, they would find a way to post it!!!!

12. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Did anyone hear the 911 call last night on the news? The mother was not even crying or upset at all! I don't want to think that she could be involved but after hearing that call I have my doubts.

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I heard it and wondered the same thing, she really didn't sound upset. But people handle stress differently, maybe she was in shock. :?

14. KellBell

she had something to do with it....GAR-ON-TEED

:evil::evil::evil:

15. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Found..... Film at 11. (AM, WRAL)

16. KellBell

we have the 'alarm' set for 11am, to watch the live feed.....

17. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

She is abnormally calm, but I do have to admit I am one of those that have almost a soothing voice when I'm "frantic" on the inside. For me it's the thought that I need to stay calm and completely "with it" so the situation can be brought under control and progress can be made.

Sometimes the only way you know I'm excited, be it mad, upset, hysterical etc. is when there are a few...well, ok... when there are a plentiful amount of curse words inserted into the conversation. :mrgreen::mrgreen::lol:

18. me&them

me&them Well-Known Member

It was on Nancy Grace last night. She was already calling it foul play some how. Her call to 911 didn't seem like she was a bit upset. I'm sorry but if my child was lost I wouldn't be able to call 911 I would be so torn up someone esle would have to speak for me.

I mean they said she went and asked around first, so she should have been alittle more upset then she was by the time she made the call.

19. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

If she did I think I'm just going to barf all over the place.... :ack:

20. Rossergirl

Rossergirl Guest

The child was found!

The missing child from Smithfield has been found. However, all the news says is that he was found and was unharmed. No further details were given. You would think they would give a little more detail. Anyways, glad he was found and was unharmed. I know the family is very relieved! :-D