Missing child!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Chimp, May 18, 2008.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It was a hoax, the child was NEVER in Smithfield that day. She made it all up. No reason given yet. He was with relatives the whole time. No word on charges.......................yet.

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I hope so. The police who protect us could have been saving the life of someone else. GRRRRR!!!!! :evil:

3. Clif

Clif Guest

A "hoax" implies intent to deceive.

Ok, now I am confused. Did the authorities use the word "hoax" or is that strictly the media that's using the word?

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

The authorities used the word "hoax" during the news conference.

5. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

THERE WAS NEVER A KID WITH HER AT THE FLEA MARKET, CALL IT WHAT YOU WANT!

6. Grammie

Grammie Guest

Media questions about a hoax went unanswered. It was left hanging in the air really.

7. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

THANK YOU, MY GOD!

8. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

The child was never in Smithfield at the time the mother claimed he came up missing.

Poor child and poor dad. Can't imagine what the dad is thinking since he is out of the country.

Wow!

Sherry

9. Clif

Clif Guest

Somebody needs to get on the same page.

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I was watching the live feed, that's what the man said.

11. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Told yall!

12. Clif

Clif Guest

If what you say is true, then the question now is why? Both why did she do it and why isn't she being charged?

13. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

Smithfield, N.C. — Police say the 3-year-old reported missing from a Smithfield flea market on Sunday was never missing and that the report was a hoax.

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

They haven't said, here is a link to WRAL's synopsis if you can open it.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/2913240/

15. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

Millikin said the case remained under investigation with the involvement of federal agencies. "This did not happen in Smithfield. It did not occur here, and it wasn't as it was originally reported," he said

16. kidsfly

kidsfly Well-Known Member

The only reason I could think of as to why she's not being charged yet is perhaps her mental stability? Perhaps she's having some serious mental issues and thought her child was abducted?

17. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

maybe they just haven't decided what all to charge her with yet

18. Grammie

Grammie Guest

I may have missed it when they used the word.

19. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Clif, below is from the following link:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=6153311

I did not hear Hoax nor have I read that word anywhere.

Sherry

SMITHFIELD (WTVD) -- Johnston County officials say the missing child case that sparked a statewide Amber Alert was never kidnapped and found safe.

Three-year-old Siraj Munir Davenport was reported missing by his mother on Sunday morning. She told police the boy was at his mother's side as she loaded her car at the Brightleaf Flea Market in Smithfield on Sunday. She said she turned around and he was gone.

The search for the child started early Sunday afternoon and sparked a state wide Amber Alert. Several law enforcement agencies including the FBI participated in the search.

Monday Highway Patrol helicopters flew over the area of the Brightleaf Flea Market and nearby river in search of the boy.
    Story continues below
    Advertisement

Early Tuesday morning, just after midnight, police reported the child was found unharmed.

During a press conference late Tuesday morning, Smithfield Police Chief Steve Gillikin told reporters their investigation revealed the child was never at the Brightleaf Flea Market or in Smithfield. Gillikin said the child was never abducted and was found safe. He would not release any other information.

No arrest have been made, but the investigation continues according to Gillikin.

20. Clif

Clif Guest

That's what I'm thinking. The scenario that's running through my head is that it started as a simple mistake. She forgot for a moment that the kid wasn't with her. Then when she thought he was missing, she snapped.

As I said before, a hoax implies that she knew the child was not missing and reported it as such anyway. I don't think that is the case at all. I could be wrong, but I can see no benefit to her telling the authorities he was missing when he was safe with family elsewhere. It makes no logical sense.