Missing child!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Chimp, May 18, 2008.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

The media used the word Hoax. A reporter asked, "would you call this a hoax?" and Gillikin said "we are not calling it that at this time, its under investigation"

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I can't imagine that one would "forget" whether or not you brought your kid with you shopping. But i guess stranger things have happened. :?

3. Grammie

Grammie Guest

Thank you. (Some times perfection is so hard to keep up.) :jester:

4. Clif

Clif Guest

I'm starting to get feeds (sporadically). There is a lot of the word "hoax", mostly in the context of "Police say the 3-year-old reported missing from a Smithfield flea market on Sunday was never missing and that the report was a hoax." But no direct quote from anyone actually calling it a hoax.

Be that as it may, though, I was just curious. kdc1970 said she heard the man say it on the live feed, and I have no reason to doubt it.

5. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Yeah, but we are of a different kind of mind than someone who would even imply "forget".

Sherry

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I swear to you all, I heard the man say "hoax" it was during the first question from the media. :lol: Regardless, it didn't happen they way she said it did.

7. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Maybe she was just doing to get attention. Maybe even from her husband? Thought I heard somewhere that part of his job was leading safari's (or was he just away on one?) so if he's gone alot - maybe she was trying to get his attention. Whatever the reason - she sucks! for getting all his teachers, friends, community, all worried - knowing he was not missing.....sick! :evil:

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

daily struggle sho nuff' :mrgreen:

9. Clif

Clif Guest

It can (and has) happened. Especially if him not being there is an oddity.

10. Sherry A.

I was watching ABC11 and reading it from the same source on the internet. Neither place used that word. If she heard and read it then it was from the other source. I don't doubt her word just stating what I heard and am reading.

Sherry

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

From NBC17..................but I was watching the live feed from WRAL. :rolleyes:

When asked if this was a case of a misunderstanding Gillikin said "I wouldn't call it a misunderstanding... maybe a hoax."

12. Grammie

Grammie Guest

Latest is that Smithfield is backing out and handing it to the FBI.

13. Sherry A.

Any news on the dad?

Sherry

14. Grammie

Grammie Guest

not yet

15. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Now I don't feel bad that I questioned why it took her an hour to report him missing.

16. cece

cece Well-Known Member

Just watched the news........ It sounds like the child is not even hers - maybe just in her care for a while... It just keeps sounding more and more strange... So, he may have been with his parents the whole time... Who knows.

17. michellegrl77

michellegrl77 Well-Known Member

If it was "hoax" then they need to put her in a room with all the men and women who have kids that are truely missing and let them deal with her. If she is mentally ill then someone really needs to get her help! IMO

18. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

On WRAL in the first paragraph of the news story, the Smithfield police are calling it a "hoax".

I just listened to the whole 911 call, she really sounds like she believed he was there with her. I'm thinking mental problem maybe....dementia?? :?

19. Grammie

Grammie Guest

The FBI is talking to people in her country.

20. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

tell her country to come and get her tail!