Missing child!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Chimp, May 18, 2008.

1. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Kimmie...I thought it was your turn to make sure Clif took his Midol this morning??

:jester:

2. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

I'm gonna hunt his tail down one day and hug him till his head pops off! :jester:

3. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

clif, it's now been quoted at least 4 times here, attributed to wral and news14carolina

Here's the quote: (from news14.com)
    "It wasn't a misunderstanding," Smithfield police Chief Steve Gillikin said, making that clear. "I think [it was a] hoax -- without going into too many details. It probably would not be wise to comment on what the plan was yet."

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

His head won't be able to pop off until he can verify on Snopes that it was you who hugged him!

:jester:

5. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

What's the difference between a hoax and a scam?

6. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

7. KellBell

I give up, what?

8. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

THAT WAS GOOD, WONDER IF HE WOULD BELIEVE ME IF I BROUGHT MY BIRTH CERTIFICATE, DRIVERS LICENSE AND SS CARD? CLIF?

9. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

:jester::jester::jester:

10. twowaz2fal

twowaz2fal Well-Known Member

This quote is correct...Clif, I am a polite Johnston county resident that can view videos on my computer.

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

HOAX
    –noun 1.something intended to deceive or defraud: The Piltdown man was a scientific hoax. –verb (used with object) 2.to deceive by a hoax; hoodwink.

SCAM
    –noun 1.a confidence game or other fraudulent scheme, esp. for making a quick profit; swindle. –verb (used with object) 2.to cheat or defraud with a scam.

12. shar824

:jester: I don't know..I'm asking you all!!! :jester: Seriously..is there a difference???? (nope..I don't wanna look it up!!!)

13. shar824

Ahhhhh!!!!!!! Perhaps it was a scam instead of a hoax then????

14. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

na, I say hoax over scam,

15. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Ok, I just listened to the video on WRAL and the man speaking said 'hoax'. 8)

16. Clif

Clif Guest

What is the matter with y'all? I just pointed out that no one has been able to supply a link to a specific quote where in the police chief was quoted saying it was a hoax. Suddenly y'all are talking as if I don't believe anything.

Can people supply quotes sans link? Certainly. I can too. Here:

Smithfield Police Chief Steve Gillikin said, "I never said it was a hoax and, as a matter of fact, I think Kimmie on 4042 is annoying."

Now, doesn't that prove everything?

All I was saying was that no one could provide a link wherein the police chief was quoted as saying it was a hoax. Lots of links where the article said he called it a hoax, but no direct quotes. I just thought it was odd. I never said I did not believe you, in fact I said on a couple of occasions that I had not reason to not believe you, just that I thought it was odd that there was no direct quote.

And, of course, suddenly we have moved far beyond my simple curiosity to y'all insisting that I wouldn't believe my own Mother without a statement corroborating it notarized by God himself.

17. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

But how do we KNOW he was a man? Or how do we know he was who he says he was. I mean, in this crazy mixed up world anything is suspect. Can you provide some sort of solid factual proof that this so-called "Man" was even in fact a human? Until you provide me with a DNA sample of the man in question, every person quoting him, and every camera man filming it, i will not believe these tales of woe and hoaxen. (The new plural for hoaxes, you see?)

18. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

:jester::jester:The Police may find me annoying, but I know you want me, :jester::jester::hurray:thank you so much, that was my laugh out loud today!!!!!!!!!!

19. KellBell

Clif, I just "quoted" you word for word from the conference.

20. shar824

UH.OH, I'm Sorry......don't think I was saying anything like that, I was seriously questioning what the difference is between a hoax and a scam, I honestly didn't know.......