Missing child!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Chimp, May 18, 2008.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

2. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

I'm just a hugger..... YAW act like it's a crime! show me some love! there is so little left in the world.

3. KellBell

yea Clif, all she is sayyyyyinggg

is give peace a chance

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Ah, Billy Jack, i loved that movie when i was a kid:grouphug:

5. twowaz2fal

twowaz2fal Well-Known Member

More than one person supplied you the link, Clif...you just like to argue obviously.

6. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

Clif? argue? I know you ain't talking smack about my man! :jester:

7. Clif

Clif Guest

Oh? Only you supplied a link, and (as I said) I could not view that link at work (how convenient).

8. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

git em clif!

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

clif and kimmie sittin in a tree.......:lol:

10. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

:jester::jester::jester:
    2nd lol today! tu!

11. twowaz2fal

twowaz2fal Well-Known Member

Yes, how convenient that you can't type in www.news14.com and see for yourself. If you could you may have to stop beating this horse and find something else to do (at work).

Only you said "All I was saying was that no one could provide a link wherein the police chief was quoted as saying it was a hoax" That would be a flase statement. No wonder you don't believe anything anyone says. Some people don't lie my friend.

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We are NOT still trying to decide if the dude said "hoax" or not are we?? :lol:

13. Clif

Clif Guest

Yes, I was fooled before on that. Someone said it was also on NBC17. I typed it in and looked for half an hour but could not find it. Speaking of which, I'm finished reading the article on News14 and still did not find a quote by anyone in authority saying it was a hoax. Yes, the title says, "Police: Missing child story a hoax", but that is not a quote from anyone specific. There were other places in the article where the word "hoax" was used, but not as a quote from anyone. That could well be an opinion of News14.

Here, I will post every quote of the article for you (not the whole article, just the quotes from the police chief...
    Now, where in those two quotes did the police chief mention the word "hoax"?

So, BIG MOUTH, where's this quote at?

14. Clif

Clif Guest

No, we're trying to locate a direct quote, which no one (yet) has been able to produce.

15. KellBell

I already told you it doesn't exist. He didn't say it.

16. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

[​IMG][​IMG]

#articleRSSFrame { width: 300px; font-size: 12px; } #articleRSSFrameNav { display: inline; height: 25px; } #articleRSSFrameFrame { position:relative; border: 1px solid #666; top: -2px; background: white; overflow: hidden; z-index: 10; } .articleRSSFrameDisplay { position:relative; margin: 5px; z-index: 11; font-size: 12px; overflow: hidden; } .articleRSSFrameDisplay li { padding: 2px; margin-left:-20px; } .articleRSSFrameampnItem { position:relative; display: inline; background: white url('http://media.mgnetwork.com/CQHorizonNavBar2/misc/shade.gif') repeat-x scroll; height: 25px; padding: 0 5px 0; margin: 0 5px 0 0; text-align: center; border: 1px solid #666; border-bottom-width: 0px; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; z-index: 5; } .articleRSSFrameampnCur { z-index: 15; background: white; } .rssFrameNav ul { padding: 0; margin: 0; } .rssFrameNav li { display: inline; list-style-type: none; padding: 2px; margin: 0 2px; border: 1px solid #DFDFDE; width:25px; text-align:center; cursor: pointer; }News
    Sports
    Entertainment

• «
    • »

• «
    • »

• «
    • »

Deals
    Prices
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Accented Cones Rhodium Cufflinks by Enrico Pardini $1.95 (was $65.00) Wild...

loading... {for Post in Data} <table cellspacing="0" cellpading="0" width="97%" class="ng_buzz_table"> <tr> <td colspan="2" align="center"> <a href="${Post.HtmlUrl|html}" onclick="${AttentionClickJS(Post)}" class="ng_postTitle" target="_blank" id="post_title_${Post.PostId}"> ${Post.Title|default:"(no title)"} </a> </td> </tr></table> </div> {forelse} No posts found. {/for}
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Police: Boy Was Never In Danger, Never At Flea Market

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 01:07 AM Updated: 10:58 AM

#articleMediaPanelOuter {width: 310px; min-height: 380px;padding-right:5px;float:left;} #articleMediaPanelNav {display: inline;height: 25px;} #articleMediaPanelFrame {position:relative;border: 1px solid #666;background: white;height: 355px;margin-top: -2px;z-index: 10;} .articleMediaPanelDisplay {position:relative;background: white;height: 258px;margin: 2px;z-index: 11;overflow: hidden;} .articleMediaPanelampnItem {position:relative;display: inline;background: white url('http://media.mgnetwork.com/CQHorizonNavBar2/misc/shade.gif') repeat-x scroll;height: 25px;padding: 0 5px 0;margin: 0 2px 0 0;text-align: center;border: 1px solid #666;border-bottom-width: 0px;cursor: pointer;font-weight: bold;z-index: 5;} .articleMediaPanelampnCur {z-index: 15;background:white;} .articleMediaPanelTools {height: 90px;} .articleMediaPanelInfoBox {padding-top:5px;} /*** Photo ***/ .ArticleMediaPanelPhotoImage {text-align: center;padding-top:5px;} .ArticleMediaPanelPhotoCaption {padding: 5px;font-size:10px;} /*** Video ***/ .ArticleMediaPanelVideo {text-align:center;padding-top:5px;} /*** Gallery ***/ .ArticleMediaPanelGalleryImage {text-align: center;padding-top: 5px;} .ArticleMediaPanelGalleryCaption {font-size:10px;padding: 5px;} .ArticleMediaPanelGalleryNavigation {font-size:10px;color: #333;font-weight: bold;text-align: center;} .ArticleMediaPanelGalleryNavigation a { color: #333;}Photo
    Video

[​IMG]
    Photo By: NBC17

Article Tools[​IMG]Email a Friend
    [​IMG]Reader Reaction
    [​IMG]RSS
    [​IMG]digg it
    [​IMG]Printer Friendly
    [​IMG]Sphere IT
    [​IMG]Save This Page

By NBC17
    E-mail | Biography

[​IMG]

SMITHFIELD, N.C. -- Smithfield Police Chief Steven H. Gillikin told reporters Tuesday that a 3-year-old boy reported missing Sunday night was never in danger, was never at the Brightleaf Flea Market and is safe with family members.

Discuss This Story

Read Previous Coverage

Map Of Area
    During the 11 a.m. press conference, Gillikin said the boy was never in danger. Gillikin said during the press conference it was around midnight when officials suspected the original story wasn't right.

Chief Gillikin continued that 3-year-old Siraj Unir Davenport had been out of the area since the weekend.

“Very frustrating, if you can look at all the resources that could be spent elsewhere," said Gillikin.

When asked if this was a case of a misunderstanding Gillikin said "I wouldn't call it a misunderstanding... maybe a hoax."

Davenport is not staying with his mother but is safe with family, but is unclear with which family, added Gillikin. The Federal Bureau of Investigation interviewed the mother for much of the day Monday and continues to work with local authorities, Gillikin said.

A 911 call was received from the flea market Sunday reporting that Davenport was missing. Witnesses said they saw the boy walk away as the mother put bags into her car.

No charges have been filed at this point and no other information was released as the case continues to be investigated.

NBC17 will bring you more details as they become available.

18. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

What friggin' difference does it make? Is it gonna change anything about the story . . . I think not. :chillpill:

19. KellBell

but he didn't say that. the media just printed it that way. He never said that. You can listen to the Live conference on WRAL.

20. Clif

Clif Guest

Yeah, I've seen that posted before, but not actually on the NBC17 site (not that finding anything on that site comes anywhere close to being easy)