Missing child!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Chimp, May 18, 2008.

1. Clif

Clif Guest

I thought you were tired of this discussion. Are you that weak?

2. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Bite me.

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

WTH are you talking about?? I went to NBC17, clicked on the front page, clicked on the story, and there it is. I copied and pasted directly from it.

Believe it or don't, I don't care, got things to do and people to see. :mrgreen:

4. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

:cry::cry::cry:

YAW ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY!

5. michelle

Smithfield Police Chief Steve Gillikin talks to the media during an 11am press conference on Tuesday. Gillikin said the reported disappearance of Sirah Davenport from the Brightleaf Flea Market on Sunday was a "hoax." WTSB Photo

6. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

WHAT DID I TELL YAW EARLIER TODAY........

7. twowaz2fal

twowaz2fal Well-Known Member

Well, if you had went to news 14 when I said to, several hours ago you would have seen the direct quote. They have since updated and changed it. I don't see how Kellbell can said he never said it...anyhow...when you get home,please watch the news conference and come back so I can say told ya so.

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

seriously

9. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Exactly! The press putting quotation marks around a statement is no guarantee that it is an accurate representation of what the person said! (Speaking as one who was frequently misquoted in the press, back in the days when anybody cared what I said.)

10. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Do like me have a beer! :cheers:

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

can't yet, still at work and no "drinks" at kdc's tonite:cry:

12. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

off topic: it's "y'all"

13. KDsGrandma

Glad to see you put the apostrophe in the right place, DB. That's one of my (many) pet peeves. ;)

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

uhoh, i will try to remember in the future:oops:

15. KDsGrandma

:lol: :cheers:

16. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

This kid made a fast exit from Johnston County. His daycare claims he was there on Friday. On Sunday he was out of the country.

17. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

HE DID NOT SAY THAT....for the gazillionth time....he did not say what the media is printing. I have typed that at least 4 times.....

18. michelle

How do you know that for sure???

19. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

What is it up to now....11 pages of arguing over wether or not hoax was used, properly or improperly? Meant or did not mean?

Let it go people. It does not change a thing.

20. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

I just listened to the entire video of the press conference. You can hear a reporter use the word "hoax" in asking a question. The Smithfield Police Department repeats the word "hoax" in his response but actually does not say it was a hoax.
    Goodnight everyone. About time for American Idol and Dancing With The Stars.

Last edited: May 20, 2008