carwash across from CVS???

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bandmom, May 20, 2008.

1. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Saw a sign today that there is a carwash going up in the empty lot across from CVS (in front of the Uhaul storage place)..... this place is going to be nuts :banghead:

2. Ro

Ro Well-Known Member

Amen!

3. le

le Well-Known Member

No sense washing the car. A shoe maintenance/shine place might be better.

4. scbuff

scbuff Well-Known Member

don't we have enough. Already have the big one behind Bojangles, QuickLube place has one, and several of the gas stations have a mini car wash.. Don't understand the thought process on this idea

5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

but there isn't one on that side of the road....:neutral:

6. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I thought it was going to be a Walgreens? Am I thinking of the wrong spot?

7. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

yes, this one is the lot between cvs and the u-haul storage place.

8. Cleopatra

Oh, loverly.

9. Yea another car wash to go along with all the bloody used car lots we have.

10. fizzco

fizzco Well-Known Member

wrong spot. walgreens is going in - just on the diagnal corner.

11. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Went by there yesterday afternoon, all buildings down and hauled off, completely graded flat. WOW, did that corner look NAKED !!!!

12. bandmom

I know - weird..... I wish they'd connect that parking lot with the Turner bldg parking lot so we could get to 1010 that way and go straight thru the light when leaving the FL shopping center, instead of having to try and get into the left turning lane (esp at rush hour.....). :?

13. Cleopatra

Sad they took down that nice tree. But no worries, there will be plenty of Bradford Pears and Crepe Myrtles to replace it.

14. fizzco

fizzco Well-Known Member

what else is coming to the area?

15. Not sure if any one had ever noticed but right were they are putting the car wash there is also a cemetary there

16. bandmom

Yep, but I'm thinking the carwash will be further back, closer to the storage site maybe?

17. mslusk

mslusk Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,
    if you go to the Jo Co website (www.co.johnston.nc.us), at the top right corner you will see a drop-down for "Departments". Choose "Planning & Zoning". Then click on "Subscribe to the Planning E-mail List". Once you get on the list, the JCPB sends you the agenda for each monthly meeting. You will be able to see what is coming up, and if it affects you, you are welcome to go before the Board and state your concerns. Once the JCPB hears everything, they put together their recommendation and it goes before the County Commissioners for a hearing/decision.

Hope this is helpful,
    MSL

18. cvfdcaptain

cvfdcaptain Well-Known Member

carwash

the guy that owned taters grill is the owner of the new carwash thats going in at the corner of 1010/42 we at the station nick-named him "tater"

19. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

I hope he is moresuccessful in the car wash business than in the deli business. Is this one of those do it yourself car washes or one that has a tunnel and then employees that dry, etc?

20. cvfdcaptain

cvfdcaptain Well-Known Member

its our understanding its going to be a tunnel type deal with employees and all suppose to be similar to washes like bunkeys and such