Missing child!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Chimp, May 18, 2008.

1. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

ONCE AND FOR ALL, IT IS NOT Y'ALL FOR ME, IT IS YAW.

I DON'T CARE IF IT'S RIGHT OR WRONG IT IS YAW!

2. Clif

Clif Guest

Actually it does change it quite a lot. There is a huge difference between the police calling it a hoax and the media calling it a hoax. The former is a crime. The latter is an attempt by the media to make it something it's apparently not.

Do you want this woman condemned based on what the police say? Or are you content with condemning her based on what the media says about her?

But, I guess for some, the facts don't really matter. I'm sure they are very boring to you and the only excitement you can get is to find threads that bore you and then proceed to post to the world how bored the thread makes you feel.

Not on your life. I have no idea where you've been.

3. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

:grouphug: GOOD MORNING CLIF!

4. twowaz2fal

twowaz2fal Well-Known Member

Well, Clif did you watch the video at home?

5. Clif

Clif Guest

Nope, believe it or not, I do have a life. But it would seem that you are the final hold out in believing that the police chief called it a hoax.

According to PoohBear who did watch it:
    "The Smithfield Police Department repeats the word "hoax" in his response but actually does not say it was a hoax."

6. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

OK Clif.... you know the ole "I have a life" is basically shooting yourself in the foot during an internet discussion.... ;)

7. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Oh good grief, why are we still on this?

Why don't we argue about the price of tea in China :lol:

8. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

he was with me, :jester: J/K

9. Clif

Clif Guest

Good grief. Don't you have something better to do than click on a thread you don't like only to complain that the thread still exists?

I really feel sorry for you that your life is so small that this is your main excitement.

10. michelle

Right back at ya, big guy :nopity:

11. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

12. twowaz2fal

twowaz2fal Well-Known Member

I can't believe you wouldn't watch it after all that yesterday...anyway, I never said that Chief Gillikin started the conference by saying it was a hoax...he was kind of baited into it like Kellbell stated here....in any case the woman cost the government a lot of time and resources when she never even had the kid with her. Call it what you want.

13. Clif

Clif Guest

Actually the whole discussion was whether or not the police chief called it a hoax, or if it was just the media. I mean, I made a huge point of the fact that I could not find a single quote from the police chief calling it a hoax. But you insisted that you had proof. Now you're back pedaling?

If it was a hoax, then yes. If there was something else, then maybe not. This was the reason why knowing who was calling it a hoax matters. If it's just the media (which it is not blatently apparent it was), then they are doing so for no other reason than to get people in an uproar over it. In reality, though, it could well be that the woman actually believed at the time that her son was missing. In that case it was not a hoax and we should have pity on the woman for going through what most of us could not bear, and be thankful that it was a simple case of a misunderstanding and that the child is safe.

14. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Do you really want to go there? You really want to get in to a deep discussion on how much tea costs in China? Well ok then. Start doing your research but good luck. I dont think the Chinese will be very forthcoming with their prices on how much their tea costs. They might think its none of our business.

However...

Are you wanting to talk about regular tea? Green tea? Herbal tea? What kind of tea?

15. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

16. michelle

:cheers: How about we talk beer instead?

17. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Police Chief: Disappearance Of 3 Year-Old From Flea Market Was A "Hoax"
    http://www.wtsbradio.com/

running and ducking.................:mrgreen:

18. sus

sus Well-Known Member

that was BRAVE bandmom

19. michelle

Doesn't matter. He still won't believe you.

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:iagree: :confused: