Missing child!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Chimp, May 18, 2008.

1. twowaz2fal

twowaz2fal Well-Known Member

Amen. It's alright for him to hate me for no reason, but heaven forbid we say mean things about the nice lady. Of course she's innocent...why would we think she lied when she said the kid was missing and in fact he was never in Smithfield.

2. Clif

Clif Guest

Whatever. If you feel that calling someone a liar based solely on what the media wants you to believe makes you feel good about yourself, hey who am I to hold it against you.

Also, feel free to barge into any thread you dislike only to post that you dislike the thread. That will surely impress upon people that you have a life and friends who like being with you.

Oh? Decided to post publically rather than pm me again?

You told me that the police called it a hoax (you even posted his paraphrased quote). Several people have since shown you that was not the case so you come back and say that's not what you meant that you just heard the police chief mutter the word "hoax". Now, why did you lie to me?

Do you understand what lying is? You told me two thing and they are both opposite of each other so one must be a lie.

Personally I think you are nothing more than a little troll who has nothing better to do than try and pick on someone from the safety of your cave.

3. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

I listened last night to the police
    I stand by my prior statement

4. twowaz2fal

Whatever, Clif. Of course I decided to post publically, why would I PM someone again just to be verbally abused. I never called you ugly names, I don't know why you insist on calling names. Childish behavior is beneath me, sorry.

No one has shown me that the Chief didn't say hoax because I watched it come out of his mouth, you are the liar, I never said he muttered it. He repeated it. Why you have more compassion for a criminal than one of your neighbors escapes me but I will not stoop to your level. I do not lie, I do not hate you or this woman who lied and hoaxed the police.

Just because I have sense enough to not comment on every thread I read does not make me a troll.

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  5. Clif

Clif Guest

Because you deserved it.

What criminal? To be a criminal she has to be convicted. Not only has she not been convicted, SHE HASN'T BEEN CHARGED!!!!!

Isn't that awful quick of you to jump to the conclusion that she is guilty without even the luxury of a trial. No, I don't suppose it is for you. You have no idea about this woman other than what you have seen on News14 and you have called her a liar and a criminal. How much of a saint you must be.

Like I said at the beginning of this post, you deserved it.

No, but coming out of nowhere as if you had been part of the conversation all along does.

6. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

One day Clif, I will go back through the threads and see where the community was outraged over a suspect or WHATEVER and you defended them, and in the end we were right and you were wrong. One day.... :)

7. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

it won't work, Cleo.

[​IMG]

8. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

one day, I'm gonna get a hug out of this non-cyber hugger!

9. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I have tears in my eyes!!!!!!! I cannot stop laughing!!

10. Clif

Clif Guest

Disclaimer:
    In the following post, I use a general "y'all" several times. I do not intend for this to refer to every single person who reads the post, nor anyone specific. I am referring to a specific group of people who tend to believe that the cops only arrest guilty people and once you have been accused of committing a crime, you will forever be thought of as a criminal no matter what your crime or how much time has passed since you were accused.

If this description does not apply to you, then I am not referring to you when I use the word "y'all"

So, you want to line up ten people against a wall and shoot them. Then, because you can prove that one of them really was guilty, you want me to be ok with the killing of the other nine?

I am not saying that everyone the cops arrest is innocent. I'm just saying that it's wrong for y'all to say that everyone the cops arrest is automatically guilty.

I mean, c'mon, we've even moved beyond that. Y'all are not even waiting for the cops to officially charge anyone. Y'all are calling them criminals even without charges.

I still think I could make a mint, if I just opened a pitchfork and torch kiosk.

Never let it be said that y'all don't get enough excersise. As much as y'all jump to conclusions, y'all ought to make Twiggy look like Lulu Roman.

11. Clif

Clif Guest

Thank you for reminding me why I put him on ignore. Somepeople just don't have the mentality to put word in to logical order so they rely on pictures. Then there are those who don't rely on pictures but just quote someone else's pictures and think they are being clever.

12. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I like it! :twisted:

13. Grammie

Grammie Guest

WAIT FOR THE INVESTIGATION TO FINISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not jumping to any conclusions but if it will make me lose weight. The witch is as guilty as sin.... (No still fluffy.) I got to go to work now. Bye

14. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Clif, what folks WANT and what they can DO are two different things. What you have here is a public outraged. We are neither judge nor jury, just concerned citizens chatting on a message board about our emotions and public officials/resources being misused. What is wrong with that? We are in NO capacity to DO anything. It's not like her sentencing is going to say "Here by the great website of 4042.com, Crazy Lady is sentenced to deportation after 10 years incarceration by <insert 4042 poster's names here>."

No, it's NOT right to stereotype or assume someone is guilty upon suspicion or their arrest - but we ARE human Clif. Not everybody has the ability to completely remove themselves from a situation and just deal with *facts* when children are involved, or heinous crimes against any person or animal are commited. We're just people Clif, we can't help it. I imagine this is why we have a judicial system and no longer allow mobs to care for wrongs in society.

15. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

this is true.

16. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

clif you seem to be looking to attach motive and intent to the word "hoax".

did she claim she had the kid and then he was gone? yes

that's a fact, plain and simple. does that qualify as a hoax or scam? maybe, maybe not. did she do it for laughs? did she do it so she could later claim an estranged boyfriend or someone else she had a grudege against did it? maybe. all of that is speculation. what is not speculation is the simple fact that she made the report when in fact the boy was never even near the supposed scene of the crime. what would you call it?

is that a false police report? does it only count as false if it were her intent to deceive? not a false police report if she's mental and/or she really believed what she was reporting, right? more speculation. her intent may not be proven until later, but the fact that the initial untrue/fabricated/made up/mental delusion occured.

what word would you like us to use so we can all start doing that when referring to the incident, and then we can move on with the conversation?

17. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

Lmao!!!

That just made my day. I'm offically on clifs "i'm a pussy" list.

That kicks ***.

18. Clif

Clif Guest

Outraged, yes. But why? Because the media has decided that this was a hoax, even though the police do not describe it as such and no charges have even been filed?

Actually you are. Your comments are heard by others who pass them on to others, etc. Pretty soon the DA decides that, even though there's no real case, he must bring charges because the public is outraged. Your comments also go out to others who may end up in the jury pool (God forbid one of y'all are ever actually on a jury).

You are not discussing in a vacuum. As you point out, this is a public forum and the public sees it and carries it with them.

All this is completely beside the fact that civilized people don't talk about others behind their backs. That's only for school children and soap operas.

Yes you are. And by virtue of being human, you do react emotionally to events as you see them. But equally so, being human, when your emotional outburst is brought to your conscious attention you are not supposed to continue on with your emotional outburst.

19. twowaz2fal

I joined this conversation before you did..??

I have done nothing to justify your calling me a B**ch. But you did.

I am no saint, I have worked in law enforcement and police do not arrest without evidence. This lady has not been charged but it is no secret that she made this up.

20. Clif

Clif Guest

I do because "hoax" by it's very definition implies motive and intent to deceive. I bought some storage bins the other day. When I got home and separated them, I found a book inbetween one of them. Did I steal the book? Technically, yes. I took it out of the store without opaying for it. In reality it was a simple misunderstanding. If this had happened to you, how would you feel if everywhere you looked the media said you had stolen the book?

You understand what I am saying yet you want to dismiss it. The point is that the media kept saying that the police said it was a hoax, yet there was no actual quote (except for one, which was later decided to be a misquote). Hoax implies a crime was committed. You see what effect the implication the media put out had here, now how about the public in general?