Missing child!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Chimp, May 18, 2008.

1. Clif

Clif Guest

Simple logic. The hoax scenario make no logical sense whatsoever. She had no potential gain and could only lose.

What could she possibly gain from reporting that the boy was missing if she knew that he was safe with relatives? Do you think she figured the cops would search for a couple hours and then give up and go home? No, by reporting him missing from a public place that would scream abduction. The search would be first local, then state wide, then national (and possibly international). Eventually the family that had the child in their care would up and say, "Hey, we have him!" And she would be busted. That would be the only conclusion, there would be no gain whatsoever.

2. Clif

Clif Guest

That's just it. Things aren't adding up, if you insist that they have to add up to her intentionally lying.

3. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Maybe she's just a straight up attention whore. They are real ya know?

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Obviously she is NOT thinking logically, that's the whole problem! Do you think she's the first to cry wolf for attention? I was seriously trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, even when other's were saying before the press conference that she was lying. That was apparently misguided. :?

5. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

=O Man. "Whore" and "Pussy" in the same thread. we might be looking at a thread wipe.

6. Clif

Clif Guest

She would have gotten just as much attention, but not as much trouble, if she had steaked through the flea market.

Attention whores love attention, but hate jail time.

7. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

LMAO!!!!! :lol:

8. twowaz2fal

twowaz2fal Well-Known Member

People do illogical things all the time, especially illegal things. People murder and burn the body in their back yard then go to Mexico. You know you're gonna get caught, so it makes no sense. She may be mental but I still think someone who really thought her kid was missing would be upset on the 911 call.

Maybe she was trying to get the person who had the kid in trouble for kidnapping.

9. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

Clif, Do you believe that the boy was with the mother at the Brightleaf Flea Market on Sunday"
    ======================================
    "The boy's mother, speaking to police after the call was received, told officers she was loading produce into her car Sunday morning at Brightleaf Flea Market and that when she looked up, Siraj Munir Davenport, also known as Roji, was gone."

10. Clif

Clif Guest

You know, with as much as y'all keep saying, "Well, she didn't sound right in the 911 call.", I'm amazed the DA never uses that in court. Too bad because we all know that, when a person sounds calm in the 911 cal they are obviously guilty.

That is a possibility. But then there would be witnesses that she willingly gave the boy over to them to watch.

The big hurdle is reporting him missing from the flea market. I mean, if she really wanted such a hoax to succeed, then why not report him missing from home? (Especially if she wants to get the relatives in trouble)

11. Clif

Clif Guest

Of course not. Is that what you understand from my posts?

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Clif, you have not posted one SHRED of proof to say that this woman was not perpetrating a hoax.

If I understand you correctly, it's just your feeling that something doesn't add up and of course, the media somehow has misquoted the police. Despite multiple posts, by multiple people showing the opposite.

So, somehow, you in your infinite message board wisdom, are the only one that sees through the media & 4042 conspiracy to smear this woman?

Just curious about that. 8)

13. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Just reading this thread will answer that question . . .

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Hey now!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :jester:

15. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

That's what I'm thinking. First, get the kid far away, but safe; then, report him missing, knowing he won't show up in a search. This way the other party doesn't know you have hidden him away, you both grieve over his loss, then you go back to the country you came from and be with your child. She probably thought the authorities would assume he must have fallen into the river and been washed away.

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i posted something to that effect in the very beginning and everyone ignored it:confused: i had a friend that was married to a foreigner and in certain cultures the father is given full rights no matter what and her ex was threatening to take her child to another country where she would never be able to see him. That was just the first thing that popped in my head when all this happened.

17. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I knew I read that earlier in this thread! I said something about it yesterday, but couldn't remember who it was. I think she thought there would be a search, and it would end up being one of those cases where somebody disappears without a trace. Once all the commotion died down, she would be able to take up her life again with her child. She didn't count on the investigators seeing through her story.

The story in today's N&O gives more information about her and the presumed father.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/johnston/smithfield/story/1080020.html

18. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Clif, if the general public had as much power as you think we have when it comes to matters such as this wouldn't OJ & MJ be in jail right now? All troops home from Iraq? Wouldn't gas prices be affordable? Aid parachuted to Myanmar? Paddock's husband charged, too? I could go on and on.

It was not the media that confirmed it was a hoax, they asked and at that point in time that is how the LEO responded. As to what the motive was or just how much of a hoax it truly was, we will have to wait and see. But to be so obtuse on this issue, and suggest that this woman "flashed" and thought that she brought the kid with her, searched for an hour or more (without it dawning on her...) AND calling the cops, searching and questioning for another day or so completely innocently is pretty farfetched. WITHOUT it ever dawning on her, FULLY believing this child was with her... Riiiight.

Clif, if you get anymore open-minded on this issue your brains might fall out. ;)

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:iagree: :mrgreen:

20. Clif

Clif Guest

How do I prove a negative? You can't prove she did not do something.

The only posts who are still sayiong that the police said it was a hoax are you and the twit. KellBell has posted several times that the police chief was misquoted and posted the correct quote.

Apparently.

So, you seem to think that, given a complete lack of evidence one way or the other, it is better to presume that she intentionally lied.

No, no, no. As KellBell has pointed out on several occassions, the media asked the police chief and he said it was NOT a hoax. The one news source who misquoted him was picked up by everyone else and now we have this going on. All because some idiot wasn't paying attention.

Which does raise an interesting question. I say the police chief did not call it a hoax and get jumped on. KellBell proves that those who say the police chief called it a hoax are wrong (or lying?) and she gets ignored.

Am I really that popular?