Browning Realty??

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ljk, Jun 1, 2008.

1. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Does anyone have experience with them good or bad?

We are looking at a house they have for sale and are thinking about having them build the house on a different lot. I spoke with some of the neighbors who are happy... but I would just love to hear if anyone had personal experiences.

Thanks.

2. FrameMaMa

FrameMaMa Well-Known Member

Aren't these the same people that have signs on the road that say,
    100 dollars moves you into a 3 or 4 bedroom?
    (don't believe it, but I see it)

3. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Hmm, I dont know. We were house hunting and found a new home for sale but didnt like the location, so contacted the builder. So I am not sure about the signs.

I have been on line looking for any opinions or reviews, but no luck so far.

I did see that they also do manufactured homes, not sure if that bothers me. He said it would take four months to build and it would be local so I can keep tabs of progress...

4. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Who is the builder? The one doing the actual building?

5. cvfdcaptain

cvfdcaptain Well-Known Member

hope this helps

Bob Browning is the owner/builder and they build good quality homes,the co i worked for (before the FD) wired all of the new ones built at the glens@allens landing and williams point off littlecreek ch rd my buddy chad is a super for them

6. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Yea, good to know!! Thanks! I heard there was a local builder to stay clear of, but they wouldnt say who (realtor in passing) so now I am paranoid. This would be a very big step for my family and I want to do my research!

7. swinkles

swinkles Well-Known Member

We used him when we first moved back about 10 years ago. We backed out of the deal because he was extremly unethical among other things. DO NOT USE! HE IS A CROOK!!!

8. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Yikes, can you PM me any details?

9. tracyjo1969

tracyjo1969 Well-Known Member

We used him about 7 years ago. We were renting. He failed to tell us that we were living across the street from a couple of child molesters (we had 2 kids at that time and were pregnant with our 3rd). He also failed to tell us that the neighborhood was really bad with crimes, etc. We only found this out AFTER a sheriff came to our door asking for the previous tenants. She saw we had kids and were pregnant and proceeded to inform us of those things. Needless to say, I wouldn't recommend ANYONE renting or buying from him or that company. They are out for themselves and no one else. They just want your money.

10. Grinder

I dont consider it as a builder issue to tell you who your neighbors are or arent or what kind of area it is that you are looking to live in. That is the buyers job. The builder builds the house and as along as it is sound and as it should be, then the builder has done his job.

If you, as a buyer (or anyone) can not take the time to determine things about the new area you are going to live in, then it is your fault.

11. michellegrl77

michellegrl77 Well-Known Member

LJK ~ I just pmed you.

12. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

It's illegal for a Realtor to inform you of any of these things. It is up to you to research that and determine whether the neighborhood is suitable for your family.

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

What he said.............................

14. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

My sister bought her house from him with no issues. I babysat for Mr. Browning's family about 18 years ago. They were nice people.

I would not consider it to be the sellers responsibility to research the area for their buyer. I would think that a seller would want to point out good things about the area but why would they point out any negatives? That would only hurt their sales.

15. j*j*s*mom

j*j*s*mom Well-Known Member

I haven't personally dealt with that particular company, but when we were looking at different houses to buy we rode by them several times. Also, different days of the week and times, especially in the late evening or on weekends trying to get a feel for the neighborhood.

16. tracyjo1969

tracyjo1969 Well-Known Member

I was RENTING not buying. He didn't build it, he was renting it out. The area looked nice as I DID drive by there several times before we rented the place, however there wasn't a drive by going on during those times, nor were people's cars being smashed in during those times.

While we were living there, there was a drive by shooting and my neighbor's car got smashed in by a hit and run driver whom was later discovered to live down the street.

Had those activities taken place when we were looking, and the few times we had driven by there I can assure you we wouldn't have rented the place.

17. Grinder

um....ok....but since you made the comment....

....you didnt say how it was his fault that the area turned to crap or was crap? And what does this have to do with him as a builder? He had a house for rent and you took it.

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Anybody know that NC is still a "caveat emptor" state? 8)

19. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Huh?

20. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Buyer, or in this case renter, beware!