Daniel Johnson - Missing. Do you have info?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by littlered74, May 29, 2008.

1. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same exact things last night. I was wondering w/ all this publicity he might be staying away longer. JMO

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Ya'll aint alone in that thought. I really feel for his family and hope he returns safely, but not sure all this public angst is really going to help. My sister ran away once when she was 15 or 16 and was gone for months. I thought my Mom was going to lose her mind. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

3. TJ1947

TJ1947 Well-Known Member

As Daniel's mom, I've been debating about this vigil myself. Not sure how he'd feel about it. But my whole body is screaming for me to do anything I can to find him BEFORE he ends up in a gang, selling drugs, or breaking the law. He can't work without a worker's permit, so where's he getting money? He can't drive without a license, so how's ge getting to and from? If he were old enough to drive and work, I wouldn't be as worried.

I went to Adventure Landing today and looked at 8 hours worth of survelience video around the time he was supposedly seen... no Daniel. The guy who saw him said around 8:30 Thursday night and they were standing in front of the "Dance Dance Revolution" game when they spoke. I watched video of the front door from 7:00 - 10:00 and of the area around the DDR game from 7:00 - 10:00 on Thursday. No Daniel. Then went back this afternoon thinking maybe it was Friday night and the guy got the day wrong. Watched the same video from the same hours on Friday. No Daniel. Now I don't know if he was seen or not!!

I'm really not too much of an overbearing or overprotective mom. Daniel's never really given me any trouble so I never had to be. He didn't have a curfew, but only because he was never out late enough to need one. He was more of a home body type, quiet and reserved. I know he'd be embarrassed by all the attention, but he's such a follower type I'm scared he'll end up with the wrong crowd and follow the wrong people.

Would a vigil embarrass him. Probably. Would he get over it eventually. Certainly. Would I be willing to embarrass him to get him home. Absolutely!

I think I just talked myself into it.

Ashley Turner may be better than Pizza Inn if it's covered since we can't count on weather. I'll call them in the morning.

Thanks for everyone's input. Seriously no offence taken to any of the comments. I understand totally and have thought many of those things myself. I certainly know what I might be thinking if it wasn't my own son. He ran away... he'll come home eventually. But truth be told, this is my biggest fear come to life. I quit school and ran away at exactly Daniel's age and never lived in my parent's house again. I was 26 before I got my life back on track. I just don't want that for him.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2008
  4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Good luck to you, I am praying he returns home safely to you. Thoughts and prayers. :cry:

5. kidsfly

kidsfly Well-Known Member

Daniel's Mom,

I can see after reading the posts where some parents might feel that he's getting too much publicity or a taste of "tough love" is in order. I'd be lying if I didn't think [at least once] that maybe what he needs is to live life on the run to learn how difficult it can be. Yet as a Mom, it would be soooo hard to not do anything and hang onto the hope that he'll come to his senses and return home someday.

My heart aches for you as I'm not sure how I would behave, react, live, etc., should my DS or DD decide to do the same. I know sitting back and hoping he/she returns would be next to impossible. I wish I had all the answers and could steer you in the right direction as to what to do.

My only advice is to follow your heart and don't let negative comments, opinions, etc. on this forum bring you down.

Wishing you the best and keeping you in our prayers. :grouphug:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  6. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

On the issue of whether or not the publicity is embarrassing, awwwww. Too bad. If Daniel doesn't like the attention, al he has to do is "Man Up!", call his family and get it straightened out. I support Tracy and her family grasping at every option availalbel to find out if their son is ok. Somehow, backing off is something that plays into a relaxation of interest. Were it my child, I'd render the earth to find them and keep them safe.

Tracy..whatever you want, I've got your back.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2008
  7. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

:iagree: 100%

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I don't think anyone was being negative, just offering a different perspective. His mom knows him obviously better than anyone else, so again, I wish her the best of luck finding him.

9. kidsfly

kidsfly Well-Known Member

I often misinterpret email or written comments, it's hard for me to tell the tone of the author sometimes. Just wanted to reassure Daniel's mom that people's opinions (including mine) are just that-- to keep her spirits up.

10. sarahmama

sarahmama Well-Known Member

I thought that was our job as parents to embarrass them. But, I think it's okay, considering the anguish she is going through.

Have they interviewed the students at the school? I just know there are some kids that know where he is. What is the Sherriffs(before you say it, I don't think it's spelled right) office doing, as far as talking to students? Just lots of question, but not enough answers.

11. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

I didn't mean to come off as negative in anyway. But I see some of you took it as that...Daniel's mom got my point and that's all that matters.

Again...why not the cops involvement? If you as a mother haven't heard from him and his "friends" are saying "huh? Daniel who?" Nothing will rattle a teenagers cage like a visit from the men in blue.

If it were me...I would have called the cops on May 8th.

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:cry::cry::cry:i check this thread each morning with high hopes of see it posted in big bold letters that Daniel is home:cry::cry::cry:

13. sarahmama

sarahmama Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing about the police. If the teens will get interviewed by the cops, that might change the story a little bit. That is kind of the point I will make to my teenagers tomorrow night.

14. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

ah - been there done that....

THe police HAVE been involved from day one. THere has been a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes, but everyones sake sometimes it is best not to show all the cards. Since this is a public message board and I am sure the "people" that started this mess read this too, care must be taken not to give them the upper hand. .

the police have interviewed some of the kids. THe have been to schools, houses and all over and are trying. Some of the kids are not willing to talk- or they really don't know anything. Some of the kids - the friends of the "people" - think the whole thing is funny - How long can we decieve the Mom and the police? sad

15. blessed

blessed Well-Known Member

If someone or MORE people know where this boy is they better come clean and fast. The more they hide this and think of it as all fun and games, the more trouble THEY will be in. So if you are reading this and you know him and where he is and are being complete IDIOTS, I hope God has mercy on you for putting this family through any more further agony. It does not matter what anyone thinks of the mother the family or what the boy himself thinks or wants...TOO BAD! Suck it up, call the family and let them know, send the boy home. And all his so called "friends" are nothing but LOSERS if they don't do the right thing. Sorry kids but parents rule and until you are an adult, 18 OR OLDER, you suck it up and live by the rules. And if you are 18 or older, ACT LIKE IT.......

16. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Oiye yoie yoie!!!

I do not know anyone personally involved! I feel sorry for the mom going out of her mind with worry!!! Sounds like this kid needs to be responsible and at least just let his mom know he is OK!!!!

Boy o boy....when this kid gets old enough to have his own children it would be curious to know how HE WOULD feel if his child did this to him!!!

Hugs to all involved!! I hope this situation can be resolved in a loving and caring way for everyone!!!

17. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

I am not sure if the mother or aunt mentioned this but does he have a cell phone? And if so is he using it?

18. TJ1947

TJ1947 Well-Known Member

Took his cell phone away the week prior when he lost privilges for lying to me about coming and going and what was going on at the girlfriend's house. Found out the day before he left that the girl's mother had provided him with another one behind my back so that he and the girl could communicate outside of school. Found that one and confiscated it the day before he left (not knowing he was going to run away and that I might need to send him a message). Unless she's provided him with another one still... he doesn' thave a cell that I know of.

19. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

There's just got to be something that can be done about an outsider that undermines your parenting and attempts to brainwash your child.

20. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

In the old days a family like this would have been Shunned or driven out of town. To bad Johnston County has mellowed. Society says we all must get along but when you start hurting people and making a mess of other people lives then the line has been crossed.

A decent girl was dating a boy in the fall. He also was getting something from the "bad people" over there - even when he was dating this girl - the "bad" girl AND her Mother kept calling and asking him to come sleep over. I have no idea to say in what context but, no parents were to be home. The good girl was none to happy and she let the relationship die. Too many nights crying wondering where he was sleeping.He kept going back. Gee, do we even have to ask why? He was getting something he couldn't get from the decent girl. Plus mommy dearest kept buying him stuff. Expensive gifts and such. They played on the boys mind and had no rules and regulations. Anything went - so they becames the "cool" people. The kids loved it over there.
    All this was while the "bad" girl was supposed to be dating the guy she is in love with. hmmmmmmmm
    got under my skin and I became vocal - no one understood why......
    I don't go to where they work and I don't even know if i am allowed. pity.

Just to give you idea of what we are dealing with in our own community.