What book are you reading?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ferrickhead28, Nov 28, 2007.

1. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I am knee deep in the Heroin Diaries by Nikki Sixx. I have to tell you. Even if you are not a fan. It is interesting reading the diaries of someone who was going mad under the influence of Cocaine and Heroin. His perspective as well as others who lived it with him is remarkable. I urge any of you to see this point of view.

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I have read it. It was very interesting to say the least. Hard read, but good.

3. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

You know... back in the day I would read and read and read. Now I'm lucky to get all these new posts read.

So heck no I ain't reading any books, I read 4042! :lol:
    That's Drama for ya.

4. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

Bumb....

DaVinci Code and Herion Diaries

Code is slow read for me.....feel like I need a translator beside me!

5. CakePrincess

CakePrincess Well-Known Member

Just finished reading "The Diplomat's Wife". It's a good WWII romance book to read. It's about a young lady who survived from Holocaust camp, struggled to live on her own, and married to a diplomat with a dark secret that she wasn't expected at all.

I like to read thriller/mystery also, especially Robin Cooks, James Patterson, etc.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i can relate, love to read but finding the time is impossible right now - maybe if i quit talking to all you guys, i might find time:lol:

7. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Read? ...Read a book???

What's that???

I barely have enough time to read the newspaper on the weekends (and that's the only days I get it)! I save my spare time for 4042 and scrapbooking (which is few and far between).... :?

8. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

i borrowed a collection of short stories by Mark Twain from my grandma, i'm currently reading those. <3twain.

9. Snuffleufogous

Snuffleufogous Well-Known Member

Just finished The Spellman Files (hilarious mystery). And Like a Dog with a Bone (a mystery for dog lovers), both from the Clayton library. Now reading a book about Blackwater, cause I'm in the mood for something really scary.

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Uh, my dgd just finished reading the series of Animorphs that we gave her from when my youngest son and i were reading them together when they first came out - kept them all and she really enjoyed the whole series. Does that count:lol:

11. KellBell

John Grisham's 'An Innocent Man'

12. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

How do you like it? I got a little over 1/2 way and could not finish it.....too wordy! Just get on with it! Geez!

13. KellBell

love it. I love true crime, all I read. has to be wordy to get all the details of gruesome murders and torture.

:mrgreen:

14. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

The Regulators, by Stephen King writing as Richard Bachman. I like it better than Desperation.

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i have read that one too and agree, i am a huge Stephen King fan, was thinking about getting the one his son wrote soon.

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Duma Key by Stephen King was pretty good too, I have it if you want to borrow it Kaci.

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Cool, i will take you up on that, was thinking i need to get a good book for the summer and i have not read that one:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I will drop it off with the rest of your goodies! 8)

19. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Thanks so much - be sure it is in a bag or something so won't get wet if a storm comes up or even better, i will leave DH's truck unlocked and you can put it in there if the weather is bad:hurray:

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Nah, in light of recent events, don't leave anything unlocked!! I ain't worried about the book, I already read it! :mrgreen: