Daniel Johnson - Missing. Do you have info?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by littlered74, May 29, 2008.

1. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

Wow...we actually have someone who is smart....Your parents must be proud :) (I really do mean it...not being a smarty)

2. TJ1947

TJ1947 Well-Known Member

No, I'm not calling Daniel a liar, but yes, I belive he embellished the truth. Most kids overstate the harshness of their parents. To get sympathy from friends and garner help to run away, I belive he embellished the truth quite a bit. I heard him tell Beth once "She freaked out on me" after I raised my voice to him. I don't scream and yell, but as a parent, when you're providing discipline, tone of voice becomes harsh and stern - especially when dealing with the disrespect coming out of Daniel's mouth before he left. Like I said, I don't scream and yell, but I'm not a push-over mom either. And Daniel had never spoken to me like that before - not until all this started with Beth - and I wasn't about to let him think it was acceptable.

And answer me this, Nate - correct me if I'm wrong, but you're Nate are you not? - If most everything you've said about me on this board has been about things that have happened between myself and Beth and her mother since Daniel has left, but everything you heard about me was from Daniel - how exactly, is Daniel getting this information to you? And if you haven't spoken to Daniel since before he left, then everything you know about me has not come from Daniel. Which is the correct statement?

3. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

I agree!! I'm so glad to see a kid have his head right ! He makes ME proud and I don't even know him!

4. Rostrawberry

No Doubt :)

5. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

I believe he is a she?

6. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

he could be a she.

7. Rostrawberry

I forgot...she is peppercorn's daughter...No wonder she is a smart girl...Look who is her parents :)

8. TJ1947

TJ1947 Well-Known Member

Yes, according to the law he is free to get any job he wants accept for hazardous duty, but until you're 18, you must still provide the employer with a workers permit signed by a parent. Not to say he couldn't have forged the signature, but when I checked places he might have gone to get a job, they all told me that even if he had forged my signature on the permit, he would still have had to show some sort of ID to get the job.

9. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

wow, in just the last few posts, two people have been outed by others. i wish y'all wouldn't do that

10. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

if you mean pc daughter, its on her profile here!

11. TJ1947

TJ1947 Well-Known Member

My apologies.

12. dangerboy

the nc labor commission link i gave you says nothing about that. do you have a link for me that does?

needing ID i believe, but you don't have to have a license to get a state issued ID card.

edit to add: look, i'm actually trying to talk you down some by showing you that he COULD be working some to get by

13. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Sorry on the he part! Good for you peppercorn's you have a pretty intelligent kid there!

14. dangerboy

sorry, didn't check it. thanks

15. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

no prob, I double checked just to make sure before I replied :)

16. Rostrawberry

I am sure she'll forgive ya :)

17. TJ1947

TJ1947 Well-Known Member

Here's a link to the form itself.

http://www.nclabor.com/wh/yec.pdf

The last paragraph on the form states that the only employers who don't have to have a signed workers permit for youth under 18 are government, agricultural, and domestic employers. Any other job, the employer must have a workers permit from the youth if they're under 18.

18. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

I am very proud of her.

she calls 'em like she sees 'em. she is old enough to have her own opinions. As a mom, some I like and some I don't - that is the very nature of being a mom.

I AM proud of her go kiddo!

19. TJ1947

TJ1947 Well-Known Member

I should not have used the boy's name, but he used a pic of himself as his Avatar, for goodness sake. It's not like he was really trying to conceal his identity. But I will admit that I shouldn't have used his name in public. Just wanted him to know I knew who he was... at least I'm pretty sure I know who he is.

20. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

What happened to the car?

If your other son drove up to VA to see his girlfriend and her mother sent him back on the train......