A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Say it isn't so... you know no one out here has created multiple personalities for the purpose of creating drama??? :?

2. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

i just got back from the dentist's office, and i'm going to need a root canal. =( i went to Huff and Huff family dentist in fuquay. they're awesome.

tooth pain makes me sad. sad-face!

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

aww, poor thing. root canal's aren't too bad. they'll give you the good stuff (pain killers) after the fact. It'll be ok NL.

4. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Not a root canal....all the power to ya! Good luck man!

5. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

It will probably hurt your wallet more than your mouth...........:?

6. KellBell

exactly.:mrgreen:

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i may have to get in the pool for the first time this weekend too - grandkids have been going in for weeks, DH started going in this week before i get home so i guess it is my turn (gotta get a bathing suit first unless it is after dark;))

8. Desdemona25

Desdemona25 Well-Known Member

I second this. I couldn't contribute to the class gift at the time they were giving it ($25.00/family for the main teach, $5.00/family for the floater), so she's getting a gift card to a bookstore from us. I did chip in for the floater's gift since I could afford that at the time. :)

I don't know exactly what the teacher got, but considering there are 27 kids in class and the majority contributed, it should have been something nice.

9. KellBell

well it was only in the 80's on land and windy, and the water was 72. 72 is good when its 100 outside, but not 80 w/ a cool wind. burrrr

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i am right there with ya girl, i don't like getting in the pool till the temp is over 85 even if it is 100 outside, i am one cold natured girl:lol:

11. bandmom

Good grief! :shock: $25 per family! That sounds like an awful lot to me! :?

12. le

le Well-Known Member

I braved our 76 degree body of water yesterday. I was hot all the live long day till that brief dip!

13. Desdemona25

It was worse at Christmas. They wanted a contribution for the main teacher, the floater, the supplemental teachers (library, music, etc.) and the janitorial staff...$37/family. I didn't have change to deal with at the time so I sent in $40.00 and told them keep the change. They said it worked out because some people didn't want to contribute to each and every person (don't blame them). And they were just simply giving them cash.

14. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Anyone been to Tucker Lake in Benson in a while?? If you plan on going make sure you have your wallet. We went and a family of 4 was $32.00 just to get in. The boat rides were $5.00 each! Thought that was crazy!!!

15. bandmom

Oh, I forgot - you don't live in this area. I don't think that's done 'round here' so you might save some money by moving up here.....:mrgreen:

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Hey Kellbell or Tassy, how far is Rec Warehouse on Capital from me - need to run over there in a little while.

17. Desdemona25

You have NO idea how badly I want to be up there permanently. It looks like it's on hold for about another year. I'd be saving A LOT of money by moving. Right now, Florida Plunder and Loot (the electric company) is in discussions to request an additional 16% fuel surcharge that is supposedly for the second half of the year only. My thermostat is already set for 78-80 during the majority of the day. Methinks I'm going to need to do some additional programming of the thermostat... (sigh)

18. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

When did you go?

19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Its at Mini-City, stay on Capital, just after the 401 Split. Maybe 15 minutes if you hit the stop lights wrong.

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i mapquested it but it took me up the beltline, can't i follow Trawick to Capital and then just turn right onto Capital?