Clayton Bypass

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Kdog, May 28, 2008.

1. EngNCSU

EngNCSU Well-Known Member

I think what they are saying is the 4 miles from the Bypass to existing US 70, not NC 42 to US 70.

2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I 'think' what Ken was saying is that they need to widen it all the way from 42 to 70 cause of all the traffic.

3. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

They are just now realizing this? There was congestion long before the bypass project began. Why then did the bypass plan not include a solution for I-40, too? They are just moving the problem from Clayton to I-40 (between 306 and 312). They should have at least added a lane on I-40 from the bypass to Raleigh.

4. GlobeBiz

GlobeBiz Well-Known Member

Yes I agree with you but this is just the way our government works. They moved the problem away from Clayton because rich people live in Clayton.

5. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Well if that wasnt about the most unintelligent post i have read on here. DOT created an entire 70 Bypass , nearly 15 years in planning and development, because rich people live in Clayton.

How can i compete with that logic?

Idiot.

6. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

LMAO

7. Animal lover

Animal lover Well-Known Member

You're kidding, right???

8. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

*snort. Really?? I've seen much nicer homes in Cleveland School. THOSE are the folks that will be affected by this clusterf....

It's just a bandaid, has nothing to do with the "rich" folks.

9. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

Ribbon cutting at 10:00 AM on Monday and then the bypass opens. The gridlock begins on Tuesday morning.
    PS There are rich people all over Johnston County and then there are us middle class citizens here too.

10. Snuffleufogous

Snuffleufogous Well-Known Member

Well, it will be nice for those of us who go the other way, not having to spend forever at the stop lights on the old 70 "bypass"! I read that Amtrak is considering commuter service between Selma and raleigh. Maybe then, you get some relief from the gridlock of the Raleigh commute.

11. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Was returning home from Raleigh about 9:50 AM this morning. Decided to take in the ribbon cutting ceremony. As we approached they stopped us and the lady with a clip board asked; "Who are you representing?" I responded, the "citizens of Johnston County". She looked at her list with a frustrated look and then looked at the gentleman standing with her and then said; pull up on the right side of the bypass. LOL
    It was a short and nice ceremony. We drove the entire 10+ miles. Very nice drive. I predict the only bottleneck will be in the early morning, Monday-Friday, heading into Raleigh.

12. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

perfect!!!:?

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:iagree:

14. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Good for you! Glad you were there to 'represent' JoCo and 4042 :mrgreen:

15. LJN

LJN Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who thought when they said the bypass was opening June 9th that it would actually be OPEN for the morning rush hour commute? Why in the world do you need a ribbon cutting ceremony to open a road?? I planned my commute this morning based on the fact that it was SUPPOSED to be open. But to my dismay all the signs were still covered and the "road closed" signs were still up. BIG BUMMER!

16. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Only reason I saw it coming (not open in the am but will be for the pm) is that they did the same thing with the 64 Bypass when it opened.

17. Yea I thought it would be open in the AM also. I planned on getting on it at Ranch Road and going out to Goldsboro, But had to get behind a school bus going up towards 'business' 70 and come in that way. I'll take it home this evening

18. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

you probably aren't the only one....but they started talking about the ribbon cutting ceremony being at 10am on the 9th and it NOT BEING OPEN FOR THE MORNING COMMUTE, last Thursday on the local radio/ tv stations....I even saw coverage for it at the beach, saying that it WOULD NOT BE OPEN FOR THE MORNING COMMUTE...

19. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

lol you should of said the 4042 dicussion group! :)

20. LJN

LJN Well-Known Member

Well I guess I should watch the news more often. But it is hard to fit that TV time in when you work full-time and have 2 kids. I check out the news on wral.com when I am at work...but I didn't see anything on there...only that it would be open on the 9th.