Clayton Bypass

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Kdog, May 28, 2008.

1. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

The Greenfield Parkway was built for Nabisco, they were supposed to be in all that land that has just recently been being developed. If you were coming off 40 onto 70 and stay in the far right lane, get on the Greenfield Parkway ramp (Capital Chrysler will be on your right), if you go to the left at the top of the ramp, Nabisco was supposed to be all over in there.

2. jello212

jello212 Active Member

I'm not talking about the bypass being 6 lanes. I'm talking about the 4 miles of I 40 between the 70 bypass and exit 306 receiving a 3rd lane in each direction. So, if it takes 120M to build 4 lanes (complete with bridges) 11 miles then it should take around 21.6M to build 2 lanes for 4 miles. I think that would have been well worth it.

3. That makes a lot of sense. I guess the person who had told me the other story had it wrong. But why did they never put the lights at the end of the ramp to Greenfield Parkway. Also Why did Nabisco never open here?.

The bypass is a nice ride so far, not crowded. I had to go to BJ's go get gas last night. The only problem was when i got back on 40 to go down to the bypass (around 6pm) 40 seamed overly busy. More busy then usual. though it was nice getting on to the bypass.

4. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

10-4, sorry. That is needed, as well as added lanes on 40 between the Wade ave split and
    US 1 in Cary @ Crossroads.

5. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Ill tell you exactly why it was not done.

Because all the rich people live in Clayton. Not 40/42.

6. le

le Well-Known Member

^^ Why didn't I think of that?!? :mrgreen:

7. jello212

jello212 Active Member

Dambit, I'm in the wrong part of Clayton.