Strange Smell At Flowers Plantation Area

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by CakePrincess, Jun 11, 2008.

1. CakePrincess

CakePrincess Well-Known Member

As I stepped out of my house, I smell something like electrical fire or chemical in the air. It's at Food Lion 42/Flowers Plantation area. Anybody notice it? I wonder what is it?

2. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

I smelled it earlier in Garner, and when I got home to the McGees Area. I just assumed it was lingering from one of the local fires...It got pretty bad for a while.

3. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

I live near the new Lowes Food at 42 & 50. My husband just came in from a walk and mentioned that it smelled like an electrical fire or burned rubber outside.

4. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

5. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

Same smell here at McGees that is out at Wakemed. YUCK!

6. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Same ickky smell over here (Near WJHS)

7. I live over by Indian Camp Road and I smelled it last night while walking my dog. I think I heard someone saying we should be smelling the wild fires from the eastern part of the state

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Every now and then you have to stop and take time to smell the flowers - well somebody had to say it. ;)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  9. jjganny

jjganny Well-Known Member

If you all think that smell is tuff at Clayton, you should smell it here. I am about 5 blocks from the source-had to hold nose this morning while walking George(dauchshund). Pee-uu!

10. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

i think its from wildfires! blah!! i live in wilson and we cant hardly see across the street for all the smoke that has blown in!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We were smelling it near Archer Lodge as well. What a mess.

12. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Tire Plant in Kenly is on fire...that's probably it. Also, the wildlife refuge thats on fire (35000+) acres in Hyde County also has reached the area, I heard on the radio on the way in.

13. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Yep, stinks here in Garner too.

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

We smelled it last night about 9:00 when we stepped outside at Amelia Church & 42 area, still smelled this morning, saw on the news and heard on the radio that it was from the wildfires down east. I got to work on New Hope Rd. & 64 and can smell it here too... great for asthma peeps...be careful!

15. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I smelled it around 9PM also - near the Emporium.

16. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

Both my brother and parents from Greenville said the same thing...smokey and smelly. They said they think its coming up from the coast.

17. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

We live right off 42 East near Cat and it is just horrible outside. The smell of those tires is downright stenching.

Sherry

18. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

I smelled it last night too. It was a plastic or rubbery smell so I think that was from the tire plant fire. All the way from Kenly, wow!

I don't smell it this morning but it was very strong last night.

19. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

it's killin my asthma!

20. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

It is still pretty bad in our area. I mean we are under a small haze but the stench it has given off could make some sick.

Sherry