Strange Smell At Flowers Plantation Area

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by CakePrincess, Jun 11, 2008.

1. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Here on my side of Raleigh its very very hazy looking, looks like really low clouds.. but I know its the smoke. Blech!

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Yep and it really smells but i keep thinking of the cause, how horrible that fire must be:cry:

3. sarahmama

sarahmama Well-Known Member

It's partly the wildfires down east, but there is also a tire store fire in Kenly, so that is making things a lot worse. I smelled the smoke yesterday morning, and was curious. They said the wildfires would be reaching us today.

4. geekgirlie

geekgirlie Member

It's hazy and smoky in Northern Durham right now, too. I can smell the smoke in the office...:ack:

5. shellbell516

shellbell516 Active Member

The wildfires are really close to my home town in Washington County. It's scary to think of all the homes that are in danger in those counties.

6. i am currently working out in Goldsboro and its smokey and stinky here as well...Oh never mind that how Goldsboro is normally.

A friend of mine out in North Raleigh off Capital said its smokey and stinky there also. And the radio on the way in to work said it will get as far as Winston-Salem

7. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

It's pretty bad in downtown Raleigh right now as well, I just stepped outside and I could instantly smell the smoke and see the haze..

8. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

It's bad enough here that it's hard to see between the stop lights on 70 in Clayton.

Craig

9. queenleelee

queenleelee Member

Mike Maze on WRAL just described the outside as Hazy, Smokey, and Stinky!

10. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

My husband just called and he says it Sure Stinks in Fayetteville :)

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yep, it's terrible out here right now. I'm not especially sensitive to that sort of thing, but it burns the eyes and throat right now. I feel for anyone with breathing problems.

12. Rostrawberry

Any one feeling it around Mcgees xroad...I have to run out to Foodlion and I hate to take my dd out in this condition.

13. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

i just stepped out, and it wasn't that opressive. just kinda vaguely bad smelling. i live around there.

14. Rostrawberry

15. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I can smell it inside the building....IT STINKS! I am off of Capital. My eyes burn.

hmmm....wondering who I need to let know that I cannot work under these conditions.....

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

LOL!! It won't do you any good to leave!! It's everywhere! :jester:

17. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

If it's this bad here - I can't imagine what its like if you live close to it :ack:

18. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

but, but, I can suffer through it so much betta on my couch!! :p

19. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

Heck of alot better here at McGees than it is in Clayton. OMG it is bad!

20. Rostrawberry

wonder if it will make its way here