A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

the smoke is terrible! ugh we are all about to gag here at work!

2. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

I hope it will be all cleared up by walk time on Saturday!

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

iunless the wind shifts alot, it won't be. gonna be a while.....

4. le

le Well-Known Member

Noon news estimated the smoke to hang around till the wind shift on Saturday.

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

That is awful, glad i am gonna be on the other side of it this weekend - DH decided wants to camp at Carolina Beach this weekend for Father's Day, i'll holler at ya across the water:lol:

6. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

I used to think that too until I actually went there. My better half's parents live in a beautiful section of Durham. Duke Campus and Duke Gardens are lovley too. It's just like any other city, bad sections and good.:) You must be hanging in the wrong parts ServerSnapper! :jester:

7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

yes!! holler at me....I too will be down there where the salt air is clear. :mrgreen:

:cheers:

8. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

So is this smoke thick and visible or is there possibly some burning going on in my 'hood?

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

It's thick and visible even up here

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Getting pea-soupy here in Clayton. At least where I am at at the moment near Greekos.

11. Cleopatra

That sucks, finally the heat breaks and I can't take my kids outside to play. Good thing my towels & sheets dried earlier today.

12. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Greeko's...yumm... I'm eating one of their authentic greek salads ast I type. I picked it up last night for dinner, and am having leftovers for lunch today.

13. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

Thats what I was thinking, my dd wants to go out and play and I told her to take a nap first and that I will take her out....can't now with the smoke and the smell.

14. Cleopatra

I just feel sorry for the people at the bank... when I make my grand entrance with Thing One & Thing Two who have been cooped up inside all day.

15. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

that means we're not gonna see you Saturday...:cry:

16. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

She already told me that in PM...and I pouted to her... :cry:

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i know, it wasn't planned, last minute thing DH decided he wanted to do for Father's Day. i am really gonna miss being there:cry:

18. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

don't forget I need directions.

19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I was just thinking about that earlier today actually.. can't wait to see you!!

20. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

Hahaha....I like that...Thing ! and 2