A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Some threads get really scary:lol:

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Silver lining - maybe the smoke will take care of some of the bugs.

3. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

I hope it gets rid of my springtales... I'm freakin' infested with them! :?

4. Cleopatra

And the farking fruitflies!! I'm going crazy.

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

What is a springtale?

6. kookookacho

I'm sorry it's springtail... my mistake. They are annoying as heck! I have to flush my toilets b/f I got potty b/c the water is covered with them. :ack:

http://insects.tamu.edu/fieldguide/aimg1.html

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i am there with ya, what was that solution that some one posted about vinegar or something last year? i remember doing it and it worked, just can't remember what it was (old age is catching up with me)

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:ack: Gross!! Haven't seen them, but give it time, I'm sure they will make their appearance. Heaven knows we get every other critter in the house.:evil:

9. kookookacho

I heard if you put gallon jugs of water outside somewhere it keeps them away. I have no idea how it works! :lol:

10. Cleopatra

I need to look into that. We have wetlands behind our house, I think with the drought in the past year they are looking for water/food. I have a whole pool full of water - what more do the little freaks need? :lol:

11. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Put a Fuzzy Navel wine cooler in a small glass and leave at least 1/4 between the top of the glass and the wine. Put the glass over in a corner somewhere and I swear in 24 hours you will see those fruit flies all in that thing. They die (or die drunk) and you just clean it out and replace if you have more flies. We read about this last year on 4042 and it really works. We have not had any since then. Took us about two weeks to keep catching them and then...wow, no more fruit flies.

Sherry

12. kookookacho

BLASPHEMY! How dare you waste good wine like that! Use just plain fruit juice or something.:lol:

13. Grammie

Grammie Guest

I got to see my grandkids today and spend time with them. There is only one thing I can say "THANK THE LORD THEY HAVE A HOME!" I love them to death.

14. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Put an inch or so of apple cider vinegar in a small jar, add a drop or two of dish detergent, and you will not believe how many fruit flies will be in it in the morning.

15. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I'm with ya on that! Somebody suggested brandy last year, too, can you believe it? Sounds like a waste of good brandy to me! I have actually tried all of those things, and fruit juice, and other things I can't even remember. The apple cider vinegar worked as well as anything, and a whole lot cheaper. The drop of detergent prevents them from getting back out once they get into the liquid.

16. Cleopatra

I use a cup and a paper funnel. But it is still a constant battle, I think they are sneaking up into my house from the crawlspace. The AC condensation probably doesn't help much either.

17. le

le Well-Known Member

Is that this Saturday already? Would ya mind to pm me the time (and location) again please? Thank you.

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

aw man, gonna miss seeing you too:cry:

19. le

le Well-Known Member

Will travel, pick me up on your way and I'll bring the vino!?!?

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:lol::lol::lol::cheers: