What book are you reading?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ferrickhead28, Nov 28, 2007.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Good idea, thanks.

2. le

le Well-Known Member

3. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Hidden Star - Nora Roberts

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I just love her! :mrgreen: :oops:

5. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I heard on the radio this morning that Amanda Lamb has written a book about the wife and boyfriend that poisoned the husband with arsenic (can't remember the names..) she wrote it with the detective for the case and the book has all the details that we didn't hear/know because the case didn't go to trial, she plead guilty instead - might be interesting!! :)

6. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

eric somebody....????

no kidding? I will be all over dat!

7. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Amanda Lamb needs to eat a biscuit.

8. le

le Well-Known Member

^^^lol, with ham AND cheese!

9. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

yep,she is gaunt looking. Skeletor even.

10. Dawn

Dawn Well-Known Member

If you like inspirational and motivational books, read "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch. I won't share anymore but it's a MUST read!!!

11. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

Anne and Eric Miller. i'll probably never forget those names, because we did a mock trail about that case in highschool... the poor prosecution didn't stand a chance in hell. All the details of the case weren't even known then. i think it was like 2005 at the time.

12. CakePrincess

CakePrincess Well-Known Member

Kaci, have you pick this book up yet? I just happened to saw Duma Key book sitting on Garner's public library shelf. Boy, you should see how thick the book was - about 3 inches! I almost pick it up, but I need to finish three books from the library first.

13. claytonsassy

claytonsassy Well-Known Member

Just finished
    Three Cups of Tea - One Man's Mission to Promote Peace...One School at a Time by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin -- After a failed attempt at climbing K2 Mortenson was rescued by locals - he sees the hunger for education and promises to return to build a school -- the book chronicles his journey to fulfill the promise and to go on to build an additional 55 schools across Pakistan and Afghanistan-- especially for girls -- building good will towards America one school at a time -- really remarkable and inspirational

Starting
    Banker to the Poor -- Micro Lending and the Battle against World Poverty by Muhammad Yanus (Nobel Peace Prize Winner)
    From Library Journal
    Bangladesh, a country the size of Florida with a population of over 120 million people, is the home of Grameen Bank, the inspiration of economist Yunus, Bangladesh-born and U.S.-trained. Instead of spending his life as a university economics professor, Yunus decided in the mid-1970s to develop a micro-lending program to help the poorest people of his country. Yunus based the program on his strong belief that the very poor do not need complicated training programs to improve their economic lot. They need money, in the form of loans. This program has empowered thousands of people many of them women and surprised experts in economic development who never believed that the very poor would find the initiative and ability to repay even the smallest ($25-$500) loans. Grameen ("of the village") Bank has developed into an internationally acclaimed and replicated method for assisting the impoverished in Malaysia, the Philippines, Nepal, and even the United States

Wading through
    The Political Brain - The Role of Emotion in Deciding the Fate of a Nation
    by Drew Westen --- It is a "study" in how we process information, reason vs. emotion, and how all is played out through politics -- fascinating but slow reading ;)

14. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I have read several books by Harlan Cobin. He is awesome! I am also reading I Really Want to Change...So, Help Me God by James MacDonald. I so have my nose in a book most of the time!

15. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

Finally finished the DaVinci Code!! It was good! Starting The Rule of Four.....anyone read it?

16. le

le Well-Known Member

The Day After Tomorrow by Allan Folsom and I am thoroughly enjoying it!

17. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

was that a movie?

18. le

le Well-Known Member

I think so but please do not tell me how it ends! Only 450 pages into the 700+ total.

19. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

About ready to get started on "WHEN YOU ARE ENGULFED IN FLAMES" by David Sedaris

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Just saw this post, and yes kdc was kind enough to drop it off to me and i started it this past weekend at the beach. It will take awhile to get through, just can't find much time lately to sit down and read alot but it is good so far.