A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Hey, thats one thing southern I will eat.....GRITS with salt and pepper and a chunk of butter......Mmmmm

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i have wanted to try real pimento cheese, so many people say it is so good and honestly i have seen it in the grocery store but never bought it.

3. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

DH loves that crap! I love some oatmeal! YUM!

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

don't buy the crap in the grocery, its mayonaise based and I am not sure cheese was even in the same room when it was made.....deli style is the best to try, its usually made homemade, not commercially.

5. turtlepits

I don't like oatmeal, but my kids love it....especially the kind with melting dinosaur eggs!

6. KellBell

I love oatmeal and grits. yummy...

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

The one that Lowes Foods sells in their packaging in the deli area is pretty good. I don't like the Stars or any of those ones....

I used to not to anywhere near grits...but now I will eat them on occasion, but I have to have stuff to mix in with them. The breakfast bowl from Biscuitville, grits, scrambled eggs, cheese and bacon, add butter and mix it all up... thats yummy on a cold morning (or a hangover morning). DH also makes some kick-butt Shrimp & Grits.. they were out of this world.

8. KellBell

yes, Lowe's in the deli is acceptable....yep, yep.

LOVE shrimp and grits (and its not your regular grits for this meal, stone ground grits....holy moly)

9. turtlepits

shrimp and grits ?? Now that's a combination I would never think of!
    I like my grits plain or with some over-medium eggs!

10. KellBell

its very very yummy....I balked at it initially, but its bacon, gravy (thin not dense) stone ground grits, cheese, and shrimp.....oh dear lord....outstanding....

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

OMG... they are so good.. a rich brown gravy with the shrimp, a little garlic for seasoning... and real grits, cheddar cheese grits... they were so good!
    The first place I had them was down at Uncle Bubbas restaurant in Savannah (thats Paula Deens brothers restaurant), and they were good. But we came home, and watching the food network one morning, Tyler Florence was making them... DH printed out the recipe and off we went, picked up the ingredients.. and his were better than Uncle Bubbas!

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

So next 4042 gettogether is at Tassy's with fruity beverages and Craig cooking grits and shrimp for us all:lol::lol::lol:

13. turtlepits

I'd have to go so I can try some shrimp and grits....lol

and to meet ya'll of course :)

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I think I can safely promise there will be no Shrimp & Grits tomorrow night... but maybe some weekend. :cheers:

Ofcourse.. Kell won't get any cuz' she'll be busy at the beach.. so more for everyone else :jester:

15. KellBell

and I will be eating me some Shrimp & Grits as I do every Friday night at my favorite spot down at the beach......and they are the bestest ever....and I have tried many....not Craig's though....

16. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

Y'all need to HUSH about the food. I'm starving!

17. KellBell

8 more weeks till College Football Season starts!!!

:hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:

18. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

19. KellBell

[​IMG]

20. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]