A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Oh, I meant to post this earlier..

Cookout - 91.5 SERIOUS fly problem in kitchen

2. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

We went to Kaze at White Oak last night - - - didn't notice till it was too late - - - - 84.5 B!! But I have to be fair and say the food was wonderful. This was my first time there and I loved everything! I'll be going back when they get their grade up.

3. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

:shock: We went last Fri night and we didn't even look for the grade......:neutral:
    But I agree - the food was really good - we enjoyed it! :)

4. michelle

It's hanging on the wall to the immediate right as you walk in the door. You won't notice it until you're on the way out. It was just graded on 6-23-08 so it may not have been a B when you were there.

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I'll stick with Kobe.. they know us at the Sushi bar.. I guess we're just Kobe snobs... :)

6. michelle

Better watch that stuff . . . I heard it makes your "boys" really large. :lol: Guess I'm too late, huh?

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Ok, forgive me, taking a minute here to brag:oops: My dgd (little diva that she is) made Allstars in Softball and is being pursued by a travel ball team and all 3 of my dgs in VA made Allstars and will be playing some games down in Danville so i will get a chance to see some:hurray::hurray::hurray:. Ok, braggin over, back to the show:lol:

8. michelle

That's great Kaci! I know you are one proud Grandma.

9. michelle

[​IMG]

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Yes... DH is a sushi addict too, maybe y'all could join a 12-step program and get a referral rate!

:mrgreen:

11. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

TGIF!!!! people, hope its a good one, two more days til I get to scrapbook!! YEah

12. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

Happy Friday Folks!!! :hurray: :hurray:

13. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

We tried to go to Kaze on Father's Day weekend. I walked out when I saw the santitation was a high B, I think it was around 89, so they've been re-graded since then.

Happy Friday

14. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Oh, I know you are SO proud. Congrats!

Sushi, hmmm might have to have some this weekend, it's been a while.

15. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hollaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Happy Friday!

16. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

Jump around jump around jump up jump up and get down!!!

17. michelle

That makes me not feel so good. I'm gonna go to channel 5's website and try to find out what happened.

18. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Ladies leave your man at home
    The club is full of ballas and they pockets full grown
    And all you fellas leave your girl with her friends
    Cause its 11:30 and the club is jumpin'' jumpin'

19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

HAPPY FRIDAY!

20. michelle

I'm really sorry that I just HAD to look:

Facility Type: Restaurant
    Inspection Date: 06/23/2008
    Smoking Status: N/A
    [​IMG] Score: 84.5
    [​IMG]
    # CommentsPoints
    2.Found 10 2-quart buttermilk cartons at 50-63F in refrigerator and sushi rice at 90F in rice cooker since yesterday (according to food service worker). Buttermilk and sushi rice were discarded on site. (COS).....There is no current approved pH or temperature control of sushi rice in this establishment..........Keep all potentially hazardous foods (PHFs) at 45F or below or 135F or above..........For sushi rice, you may use a certified pH meter where each batch of vinegar-rice is checked to ensure that the product is at a pH of 4.6 or below (with proper written documentation kept on-site) OR you may apply for a time in place of temperature approval from our department where the rice may be kept for a maximum of 2 hours after it has been removed from proper temperature control........Do not store any type of potentially hazardous food (cooked vegetables, fish, meat, dairy products) in this refrigerated preparation unit until it is repaired properly to maintain an air temperature of 45F or below. 2.5

3.Found raw shrimp above vegetables in walk-in cooler and above strawberries and ice cream in walk-in freezer. Also, ice cream was partially uncovered (this shall be covered properly).......In reach-in refrigerator in sushi bar area, found raw fish stored above condiment and sauce bottles.........In all refrigerator and freezer units, store all raw chicken, fish and meats below and away from condiments, sauces, vegetables, desserts, cooked foods and beverages (store foods according to final cook temperatures: raw chicken on bottom--raw ground or tenderized meat above chicken--raw pork above ground meat--raw fish and eggs above pork--beef roast above fish--all ready-to-eat foods on top shelves). 2.5

9.Observed many personal beverages (some uncovered) stored above food/beverage pitchers or on top of food preparation areas. Store all personal beverages covered and below and away from food, food preparation areas and food equipment/utensils. (Corrected on site)..........Observed a few food service workers wash their hands in food preparation sinks and did not use soap. This food prep sinks are not approved for handwashing. Only use handsinks approved for handwashing (with soap and paper towels). (Corrected on site)2.5

11.Observed food service worker wash knives in a meat preparation sink and then proceed to put them up on a magnetic strip on the wall--no sanitizing took place. All equipment and utensils shall be washed in the approved dishwasher or 3-compartment sink, using the wash, rinse, sanitize and air dry method. (Corrected on site)..........Observed a significant amount of mold build-up in the upper part of ice machine. Clean and sanitize this area (Corrected on site)........Found a cutting board in bar area that was very black on one side. Thoroughly clean and sanitize this board (Corrected on site)...........Found numerous soiled dinner plates on dry storage shelving. It appeared that they were possibly put on the shelves already soiled. Thoroughly clean and sanitize these plates..........Bleach sanitizer in spray bottle was very strong and started to bleach out test strip. Maintain at least 50 ppm bleach in sanitizer bottles (concentration should not exceed 200 ppm)..........In bar area, found a few wet metal cups air drying on meshing to right of one sink. All multi-use cups and utensils used behind the bar must be washed, rinsed and sanitized in the kitchen. There are no approved dishwashing/utensil washing facilities behind the bar. (Corrected on site)........Clean and sanitize the soiled (moldy) soda guns behind the bar. (Corrected on site)2.5

15.Found food container lids and utensils being stored in soiled plastic bins. Clean and sanitize these bins. (Once utensils, dishes, etc. are washed, rinsed, sanitized and air dried, consider covering them with plastic wrap to protect them from becoming soiled)1.516.In waitress area, found drinking straws (unwrapped) being stored in a soiled and wet container. Discard these straws...........Found unprotected take-out food trays, sushi trays, and small plastic sauce or dressing cups. Store these trays and cups inverted or in their original plastic containers or boxes...or in clean, covered containers.1.0

17.Clean the following surfaces and areas: undersides of food preparation tables, including rolled edges, corners and legs--bottom shelves of these food prep tables--backsides of handles on cook line equipment, refrigerators, freezers, etc.--customer food-making areas (teppanyaki), including under and around the cooking tables, food drip drawers, and exteriors where heating controls are located--food push carts (remove the stripping from underneath a few carts)--black metal soda box dispensing racks--underneath plastic meshing lining shelving behind bar--some shelving behind bar (sticky build-up found in several areas)..........Repair the improperly functioning refrigerated preparation unit across from walk-in cooler/freezer so that it maintains an air temperature of 45F or below at all times (use metal stemmed thermometer to check actual food temperatures to ensure this temperature is kept).........Replace the badly torn door gaskets on reach-in freezer in sushi area. Ice is accumulating around doors and the doors cannot be opened easily. Remove the excess accumulation of ice around doors.........The soda dispensing fountains in waitress area shall not dispense soda when ice bin covers are open. Reactivate the levers on ice bin lids so soda is not dispensed when covers are open.1.0

21.Clean the soiled toilet bases in customer bathrooms.........Clean underneath urinal in men`s bathroom.........Clean the dusty ceiling vent grates in all bathrooms.1.0

23.Remove the liquid accumulating on ground under one dumpster. Replace the dumpster that is leaking since it has rusted through and cannot contain spilled liquids..........Exteriors of trash cans in kitchen, including handles.1.0

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008