Time Warner Phone service

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DeniseL, Jul 3, 2008.

1. DeniseL

DeniseL Well-Known Member

Does anyone have TWC phone service? We are thinking about switching from Embarq to that and just wanted to know how people liked it.

Thanks!

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I don't care for it. It sonds like everything is in stereo. My voice, my kids' voices, doors/cabinets. EVERY little sound bounces back in my ear. After July 13 it is gone!

3. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

I've had it for about two years (since it was first available). I like it, no problems...maybe two (brief) outages in two years. I also like the convenience of having my cable/phone/internet all in one bill.

4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Hmm. Maybe there is something wrong with my wiring? It has been like that since day one. Either way, I am going back to cell phones only. I can get Sprint's 99.99 everything included plan for less than I am paying for both services right now.

5. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

I used to have it and loved it. No problems and you can't beat the price for unlimited calling anywhere in the country. Only downfall I found is if the power or internet goes out, you have no phone service, but that's what our cell was for. :)

6. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

You know what's funny...my girls are constantly on the phone (and I HATE the phone) anyway, last weekend...I snuck upstairs and unhooked the modem. You'd of thought the world had ended. I left the internet and phone down all weekend and said something was wrong with it. Oh it was so nice not to hear any phone ring!

7. Grammie

Grammie Guest

I have it and have never had any problems. Just when the power goes out, But then I have my cell.

8. Grammie

Grammie Guest

Wish I could do that but DH's job needs to be able to get him 24-7. I love it when they call his work cell, then his personal cell and then the house.

9. Jeepgirl

Jeepgirl Well-Known Member

We have had TWC phone now for almost two years. We have never had any problems. The only thing I don't like is that they let you keep your old number once then every time you move you have to get a new number. 90% of our family lives in other states so it is much more affordable.

10. Ladybug1395

Ladybug1395 Member

Time Warner phone service is very good and reliable. Did not have any problems with it since the service started.

11. greengoddess

greengoddess Active Member

We've had it for 2 years and love it! I like that I do not have a long distance bill anymore. That helps a great deal. Like everyone else has said, if the power goes out, no phone service but it doesn't happen often and we have the cells if needed.

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Time Warner for Internet, Vonage for phone - Works Great!

13. DeniseL

DeniseL Well-Known Member

I forgot to ask, how about extra fees with TWC. Do they add on another $20 in fees and taxes like Embarq does each month?

14. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I have been thinking about doing this as well. Do I need to schedule them coming out and doing whatever is needed before I contact the company I use now? I ask this because my fear is that the company I use now will go ahead and disconnect service and I will not have any until TW hooks us up.

Thanks so much,
    Sherry

15. fsb3

fsb3 Well-Known Member

We have had twc phone/internet/tv for 4 years now. It has saved us a bunch in long distance. We went with there hd package for tv. It was around 200.00 for all of it. I called there requisition department and they lowered it to around 160.00. It is no bargain except for the long distance. I hope this helps.

16. Jeepgirl

Jeepgirl Well-Known Member

It has been 2 years but I think all I did was call TWC and they took care of everything. We were never without phone service. it is a little bit tricky when you move when you have TWC because they can't have both running at the same time because you have to have the equipment. they do have better hours now which is helpful.

17. Steeler_Fan

Steeler_Fan Well-Known Member

I used to have TWC phone service, but never liked it as always had a lot of echo on the line, switched phones in the house but still had the problem, also anytime the cable or power would go out the phone would go out even though my equipment is all setup with several UPS's, TWC equipment is not. Our alarm system had some problems with it, even though alarm company and TWC says it should work fine. I also got rid of it as with the new download Caps TWC might put in place later this year, I might switch fully to DSL as I have Embarq 10MB service as well right now.

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Me too and so much cheaper than TW phone service and get even the extra benefit of several international calls free and a tollfree number for my out of state family to call. Vonage is definitely the way to go for internet phone service.

19. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Have the phone and road runner package! LOVE BOTH!! No issues ever!

20. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

If you have a house alarm beware of using vonage....PER HG! :mrgreen: