Clayton Fireworks last night

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by walloon, Jul 5, 2008.

1. walloon

walloon Well-Known Member

What happened? They weren't nearly as long as they have been in the past. Did something go wrong?

2. cathy0517

cathy0517 Well-Known Member

We were there too. Absolutely loved, loved, loved the fireworks! I wonder if the thunder and lightning made them stop sooner?

3. my4kiddies

my4kiddies Well-Known Member

We started off the day at the municipal park downtown , That was great , Lots of fun for the kids and a good band, not very packed either . We ended up towards home and watched the Cleveland fireworks . Cleveland fireworks were not very good , Seemed like someone wasn't on top of their game . They were spread apart with long delays . The fireworks were beautiful just not nearly as long as i thought and had a lot of delays . I wonder why the American flag is never part of the fireworks anymore . I remember years ago their would always be a flag in the mix with all the rest of the fireworks displays . That would have been great !

Hope everyone had a great time no matter where you went !

4. Georgiared

Georgiared Well-Known Member

This was our first year at Clayton for the fireworks.. We were pleasantly surprised at the turnout and truly enjoyed watching all the kids with smiles on their faces. I was very happy with all the police officers patroling the area. It was a very nice evening. As far as the fireworks they were great until the very end. We sat there for about 20 or 30 seconds thinking "Is that it??? where is the grand finale??" Very strange. I don't know if the weather played a factor or not because the lightning before they started was actually closer than during the show.. Oh well. We still had a great time. We were there with our boys (who are teenagers) and that is all that counts to me.

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

If I remember right the fireworks issue may be due to a lack of funding. With the pull out of the CCC it looks like the folks did a hell of a job to pull it together for the community as it was.

Thank You

6. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

It was a beautiful night but we were bummed about how short the fireworks were and seemed that there was no grand finale.

7. Loriana

Loriana Well-Known Member

This was my first year watching the Cleveland fireworks and I thought they were nice. The best part was that I could see them from inside my subdivision! I didn't have to fight the crowds.

8. Cleveland Fireworks

Evidently something did go wrong. We sat within view of the field where they shoot them off and there was a small fire. They shot a few more off with the firemen hosing down part of the field, but it got bigger and they had to call in another engine. Guess that's why they do it across from the Fire Dept.

:lol:

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Archer Lodge's were very nice. We did that this year instead of Clayton's, they had a large crowd!

10. ncgal

ncgal Well-Known Member

Yes, there was a fire on the field last night that caused them to cut short the fireworks at Clayton. We were parked on the fence line and could see everything. What a shame as they were really good until that moment.

11. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

i hope so they were very disapointing :( i sat there thinking where was the rest :(

12. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. Now I understand why they were so short! I hope no one was injured.

13. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

We went to the Mudcats game last night. They won AND they had really great fireworks after the game.

14. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

I couldn't believe the amount of people that where out there for all activities this year!! The parade was great as well!!

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We only made it for the fireworks. It had beena couple years since we went, we couldn't find any place to park! Ended up being stuck behind some trees, next year, we will go earlier! :lol: