I know we need another thread

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Cleopatra, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Frame - I LOVE Pastor Rodney!! I used to listen to him every morning on the radio on my way to work. And I thought it was cool he came on 99.9 and if you flip it upside down.... 666. :lol: I hadn't thought about him in a long time, do you attend the church? I would like to go sometime.

I get what C3 is trying to do, by reaching the younger crowd - the supersize, cable TV, cellphone crowd... I just don't agree with it for me and mine. It's watered down.

And I don't think I've seen another church advertise on the local news before.

2. FrameMaMa

FrameMaMa Well-Known Member

I have attended Calvary Chapel for a long time
    I haven't been since December, but I need to go back.
    Rodney Rocks!
    I love the way he could teach you exactly what he wanted you to know by telling stories about his own life, and the lives of others.
    He is the only person I know that would personally meet each and every one there after service, and actually be interested in what you were saying, not just thanks for coming, give me money.
    I love that I can go to church in blue jeans and flip flops!

3. Cleopatra

Yes, you need to go back and take me with you!! THAT is exactly the impression I got of him on the radio. Actually made me give church a second thought.

4. FrameMaMa

Be glad to, just name it.:allears:

5. jennandchad

jennandchad Active Member

Another post - misconstrued...again

I know it is expected from time to time, but I always feel I must put in my thoughts. Although I speak from a "biased" viewpoint as a member of C3, I try to bring out facts and personal observations rather than assumptions and leading accusations because there are those that read this discussion board that are impressionable and they must see both sides of the story - that is how this board works and frankly that is how life works. I do understand that people are entitled to their own opinions and would never ask anyone to withhold them but I do hold fellow Christians (if you truly are one), to act a certain way. Yes, we ALL fall short, but somethings I hear from what are "church-goers" makes me sometimes wonder if Christ is really in their heart.

C3 is running a special event this weekend and they are trying to bring people to its weekend celebration. There is no question about this. Why? Because people out there are hurting. They are not going to church at all because they just don't get it after years and years of trying. Or they never went to church at all. Jesus commands us to be disciples to all and C3 is a church that wants to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ to those that want to hear it and it provides tools to those that ultimately make a personal decision to have a relationship with Him to become disciples. The message is not watered down and those that say it is are just being accusatory with no basis. It is from the bible in ALL respects.

As part of our celebration this weekend, we, as a church body, have organized an event in concert with another great organization, to provide more than 2,000+ care packages for our dedicated National Guard serving overseas.

Yes C3 is a big church. And we do have fun on Sunday. It is a celebration and sharing of the Good News that if you believe in Him, you will be saved. There are tens of thousands of people in the Greater Johnston County area that have given up on church and given up on God or never been exposed to Him whatsoever and we as Believers (not just C3'ers) should not be passive knowing this.

C3 is not perfect and no church is. The staff works hard and basically dedicate their entire livelyhood to God and His Children and they are dedicated to C3's mission which is unchanging - providing real hope for real people in a real world. If you are a believer and you are plugged into a church, then praise God. I love talking to others about what their churches are doing - we should all be working together not putting up walls between us. Christians - we all serve the same God last time I checked. No church is better than another and I will never talk bad about any church providing they are based in the Word.

The way in which it delivers its message through a "simple" sermon (everyone can understand and apply the word of God in their lives) and upbeat worship (yes, it is about the next generation folks and we certainly cater to that - have we seen where the world is going?). If my kids can get plugged into a church (any church that is, not just C3) and be around Christians celebrating how Great God is and ultimately lead a life of serving others in the image of Christ, then I say Amen to that.

I pray that all churches which serve our Lord Jesus Christ will be One Church which has many offerings and styles that ultimately provide a home for everyone to be connected to God and serve Him. C3 has grown tremendously and brought thousands to Christ through its modern and progressive style - yet always bible based. It has changed many, many lives for the cause of Christ. This doesn't make C3 better than any other church. It just makes C3, C3.

2 years ago I was saved. It changed my life and it gave me purpose. While I do not have everything figured out and I never will, having Jesus in my heart is the best decision I ever made. I have turned my selfish inward focus out to others more than I ever could have imagined. To my wife, to my children, to my neighbors and to people I do not even know. Yes, it happened when I came to C3, but the praise goes to God. I am happier and more fullfiled than I could have ever imagined.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  6. Cleopatra

Oh brother. I have to be honest. I did not read your post, it was way too long. I only saw the bolded portions, and the part where you said everybody was entitled to their opinions and then you went on to give 7 or 8 paragraphs of your opinions.

I just thought it weird that a church would advertise on the WRAL news site. That Is All.

7. FrameMaMa

you should go check out Calvary Chapel if you want to see something amazing.
    This man doesn't need a "director of the ministry of music"
    and darn sure doesn't drive a hummer or live in Broadmoor.
    No makeup artists, just worship and fun.
    Christ truly IS in my heart.
    Those that know me, know that I have been through quite a bit, and I will be the first one to admit, it REALLY tested my faith.
    But here I am, strong as ever.
    God Bless you for staying strong, and believing what you believe.
    Just take a look at some of the smaller guys that don't need all the flash to worship Jesus.
    Just a thought.
    Go see Pastor Rodney Finch.
    You won't be sorry you did.

8. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

C3......it would all be great if it were for the right reasons!

FrameMama - I am glad to hear Calvary Chapel is a good church. We will visit it soon as we will more than likely move in that direction.

9. aydansnana

aydansnana Well-Known Member

who drives a hummer

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Someone with small penis issues?

11. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

OMG.....HAHAHA:mrgreen:

12. aydansnana

Umm- Hught you really thought that was funny - sorry NOT
    FrameMaMa stated that Calvary Chapel doesn't need a director of the ministry of music
    and doesn't drive a hummer or live in Broadmoor.

- just asking a simple question who drives a hummer at c3

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Sorry, but if you ever need that corn cob pulled, let me know! :mrgreen:

14. aydansnana

sorry just sound like something from middle school and you are how old?????????please

15. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

50 going on 15, how about yourself? You sound like my Grandmother towards the end.

16. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

since my money says you're a member asking so you can running to their defense, why don't you just go ahead and get it out of the way since nobody seems to be taking the bait

17. Cleopatra

Touchy touchy... lots of touchy folks around here.

18. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

For those of you who like Calvary in Apex--I was told by one of their members that they are starting a Calvary in Clayton. I don't know where but I am sure you could call the one in Apex for info. I don't attend C3 or Calvary--just trying to pass on some info!

19. aydansnana

Touchy touchy... lots of touchy folks around here.

yeap i agree

20. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I don't belong to any of the churches listed here, but I am still waiting for someone to answer the hummer question for real. If it was brought up someone must think that a pastor (or equivelent) must drive one...I'm just curious...