I know we need another thread

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Cleopatra, Jul 2, 2008.

1. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

is it the same person that has the body guard?

2. CrazyFabulous

i thought it was hysterical!

3. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Oh no, now you went and done it! Bodyguard? Shut up!! Jesus didn't even have a bodyguard.

4. CrazyFabulous

oh yes girl!!! it is true or was when i had the inside info.

5. Cleopatra

Oh man... I see very long thread coming... SHUT UP!!!! Is the bodyguard a martial artist? Like Judo for Jesus?

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Sounds like the individual does have a bit of an ego, I can't think of a single religious official in this state that needs a bodyguard (outside of reverend Billy Graham).

7. CrazyFabulous

i dont really know if he was martial artist. my crowd was outta there shortly after he came on board. congregation probably didnt know that was his purpose.

8. Cleopatra

A BIT of an ego? How about Delusions of Grandeur?

9. Cleopatra

Why would one need a bodyguard with God and Jesus on their side? If it is your time to go, then a bodyguard is not going to keep that from happening - right?

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

11. CrazyFabulous

Ego....simple as that. Something happened to a preacher in Raleigh about that time.....stalker situation or something cant remember. THAT was when they decided to have one. He may be gone now.....dont know as this was about 4 years ago.

12. CrazyFabulous

13. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

I've always wonder when people talk about doing things to get more men going to church and to be interested:

Why doesn't someone have Hooters girl serve beer during the service...and have the ESPN scroll along the big screens?

I think it would get a lot of guys going to church again!!

14. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Wow! Shaved head, Oakley glasses, designer jeans, an AMP energy drink!! Not the kind of minister I'm used to!! To each their own, if it brings one more follower to Christ than so be it. However, this just isn't the place or atmosphere for me to worship in.

15. Cleopatra

You know.. there have been some murders of mothers with young children in the area in the past few years. Maybe I should get a bodyguard, too?

Is it ego, or paranoia?

16. OmniOne1

OmniOne1 Well-Known Member

"Some skipped their regular service just to glimpse Dale Junior's racing machine."

Haha. Yep sounds like they go to church for the right reasons.

17. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

now now, don't be a bully.

18. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

Every time I read about this church and many others like them, I just can't help but invision the days of old when PTL, Heritage USA and the Bakkers with their Praise The Lord Club were so big in the Charlotte area and throughout NC/SC, they started out just like this and in the end humble pie was served for dessert. Another name comes to mind for me, Jim Jones. Of course, this is just my honest opinion no disrepect meant, to each his own.

19. CrazyFabulous

:iagree:

20. Cleopatra

:iagree:

I miss swarm capability.