HARVEY'S ALTERNATE POWER(FUEL) THREAD

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Wayne Stollings, Jul 1, 2008.

1. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

Gear reduction is balance, not magic. If you increase the drive to decrease the output it becomes very easy to turn but doesn't do much, if you decrease the drive to increase the output its very hard to turn, but creates large amounts of energy per turn. Think bicycle. Set it for the highest gear and you'll see that you can spin your legs as fast as you want while only going 1mph. That's exactly what your "step up" process is. Reducing the amount of work required per turn proportionally decreases the output.

2. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

sure it will as long as it has more energy going into it than is needed to maintain the charge. There will be an energy loss due to friction and produciton of heat through electrical resiststence.

3. Wayne Stollings

No, but it has everything to do with being able to charge that battery you wanted to charge.

The voltage is not important but the amperage and even more so the wattage are the critical aspects. The fact is the push from the rear wheels will be less than the the resistance from the front wheels. If you understand the energy input of an alternator/generator on an automobile engine you will know the horsepower (read energy) it requires to operate the unit. That energy will be less than the amount produced.

It's simple. Like on the prius. It uses gasoline to get to the desired speed, motor turns off, electric motor starts and replaces the gasoline energy source.

Double the voltage, which is the pushing force measurement not the energy produced, which in this case will be somewhat less than the energy required by the motors.

If you are producing twice the energy needed to run the car why would you need the solar panels? Of course, we already know you will need all of the energy input as possible.

4. Wayne Stollings

It is STILL limited to the amount of energy the diesel engine provides. When you can start the generator with a hand crank to power a motor that continues to power the generator you will have created perpetual motion, but that is not possible in this universe.

5. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Ok...Ohms Law

Ohm's Law defines the relationships between (P) power, (E) voltage, (I) current, and (R) resistance. One ohm is the resistance value through which one volt will maintain a current of one ampere.

( I ) Current is what flows on a wire or conductor like water flowing down a river. Current flows from negative to positive on the surface of a conductor. Current is measured in (A) amperes or amps.

( E ) Voltage is the difference in electrical potential between two points in a circuit. It's the push or pressure behind current flow through a circuit, and is measured in (V) volts.

( R ) Resistance determines how much current will flow through a component. Resistors are used to control voltage and current levels. A very high resistance allows a small amount of current to flow. A very low resistance allows a large amount of current to flow. Resistance is measured in ohms.

( P ) Power is the amount of current times the voltage level at a given point measured in wattage or watts

[​IMG]

6. ServerSnapper

K= D+I+C+K(2)

Original thought? DO you really wanna start a war on semantics? Theory? and Technology?

7. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Why is there no such thing as a perpetual motion machine? It is not a matter of opinion, and it is not a theory.

http://www.emc.maricopa.edu/faculty/farabee/BIOBK/BioBookEner1.html

8. ServerSnapper

The last time I noticed any type of Physisist here....Was....Neva!

9. ServerSnapper

Why....Thank you for noticing. Please!!! May I Have another?

10. Wayne Stollings

So you know everyone's curriculum vitae here? One does not have to have an advanced degree in physics to understand the flaws in your argument as a cursory knowldege should suffice in this case.

11. ServerSnapper

It's easy to criticize when you have no thoughts of your own. I at least have a will to venture into that which you say "Can't be done".

12. Wayne Stollings

13. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

14. Wayne Stollings

I have thoughts of my own and I have a background in the sciences. My background tells me your ideas are based on very faulty logic and no science. My thoughts are that you have dug a hole for yourself you cannot escape without admitting the level of your ignorance of physics.

I can have a thought of my own that pigs will fly, that will in no way make it possible for pigs to fly, but it will make it possible for everyone to know the ignorance of that thought.

15. nevilock

We don't say, physics says. PHYSICS. the laws of physics... do you realize how impossible it is to break a physical law? it is absolutely impossible. Science is very very very very very very*10^494828405882 conservative about making laws. You are not talking about breaking theory here, you're talking about breaking cemented laws. This isn't so much an "I don't believe you can do it" thing, as a "don't waste your time, it can't be done" thing. It'd be like coming on the forum to tell everyone you're going to jump to the moon from the 4042 junction with no assistance. Everyone would tell you that it can't be done and that's not because they are "hating" on you, its because it can't be done.

16. ServerSnapper

YES!!! The DOT is flooded with logical like minded souls with no faults and are fluent in the mega sciences of the world!! Rock On! Now fix my road!

17. ServerSnapper

No one has yet to prove it wrong. Just says it can't be done. Energy is Energy. Sorta like a HYBRID will neva happen!

18. nevilock

We have proved it wrong, you just keep ignoring it in your desperate attempts to remain blissfully ignorant. The system will lose energy because of the generators on the front wheels. also, in conversion between mechanical to electrical there is further loss of energy through heat. Part of what you describe is working on any prius you might find on the street right now, but you'll notice them from time to time making fuel stops.

19. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

You may have Wayne confused with someone else, I believe he is an environmental scientist, not a DOT employee.

20. ServerSnapper

It's all the same!! lol :mrgreen: