A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Funny you mention that. One was behind me at Taco Bell today. My mom use to have one. We could fit all 6 of the kids and my mom and dad in there. They were awesome !

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

The one I saw was a Sable. She was awfully proud of it. Yay, an expensive Taurus - still a deathtrap with your kids in the back.

3. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

.....lol......Yes, they weren't really safe back then either!! Yes, my best friends family had one of those old station wagons, we thought it was cool to ride in the back back in the flip up seat.

Seriously though, I didn't know they are making those type of things anymore or should I say started making them again.

4. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

not sure bout that. AND another thing......I need to see my little ones. even if i just glance back for a sec and they need to be in arms reach. how the h*ll to you get to them? hate em.....just hate em!

5. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

I can't say I disagree with you or Cleo I just didn't know they were making those ugly things again!!

6. Cleopatra

I have a special mirror and an extra long flyswatter to see and reach mine. :lol:

7. Lookout55

Lookout55 Well-Known Member

Boy, You have the BEST ideas! :mrgreen:

8. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

what a great idea!!!! :)

9. Cleopatra

Whatever happened to blingo's home, i9570.com or something like that?

10. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Can one of you post a picture? ...b/c I haven't a clue as to what you're talking about. the wagon thingy

11. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

12. Cleopatra

The whole website is gone? Even the restaurant reviews? Cleo sad... Not really.

13. kookookacho

I know the station wagons... what seats are you talking about?

I really have to get out more. :lol:

14. Cleopatra

15. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

16. kookookacho

So people actually upgrade their 30 year old station wagons to be equipped with those seats. Interesting... I really do need to get out more!

17. Cleopatra

No, that's the tailgate option in the back of my bitchin minivan. Get out of my bitchin minivan KDs!!

18. Cleopatra

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

No, they are actually still making stationwagons. Sable, Taurus, Camry... Focus - but I doubt you could fit on of those in a Focus.

19. shardee428

shardee428 Well-Known Member

My ancient Taurus wagon had one of these and my friends (yeah, they were real mature) would ride back there a lot and make faces at the drivers behind them. It was funny, but immature indeed. :)

20. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I think the old Oldsmobile Country Squire (?) panel sided station wagons used to have that flip up rear facing seat in the way back. We had one ages ago.