I know we need another thread

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Cleopatra, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

OK, I always thought it was Part Thine Legs, thanks for clearing that up for me!

2. JC1000

JC1000 Member

uuuggghh....

A Jim Jones reference is incredulous.

There were no get out of hell free cards.

There is no hummer.

If the people that live in Broadmoor come from wealthy families are they not supposed to buy nice homes? Who are we to judge? Do not assume that the staff are paid higher than the average of church of that size. The salaries are set by outside board and they are audited like any 501(c)3 organization.

They are far from overstaffed, I'll argue they are overworked and extremely dedicated - given the number of people that attend, they need people to focus on activities like music, etc.

We did have a lively celebration this weekend, we have a LOT to be thankful for celebrating and worshiping God and this amazing Country. Did you not have celebrations this weekend yourself - why can't they be at church too?

Revelation 19:7
    Let us rejoice and shout for joy! Let us celebrate and ascribe to Him glory and honor...

Stick to the facts (and opinions based on facts)....It's a different kind of church, but church it is! You don't have to like it, but I am stunned by what I see on this board about churches in general, especially one that is trying to reach out to people that do not have Jesus in their lives and do positive things in the community.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  3. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

You must be on staff.

4. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

Wonder if BUDWEISER was still Dale Jr. primary sponsor if they would have had his car on display at the church??????

5. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I was trying to squint at the pictures myself to see if that was the red budweiser logo on the bumper. :lol:

6. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Is it a sin to live in Broadmoor? Also, Pastor Matt nor The "minister of music" drive a hummer...your quote was just another opinion from a person who speaks without knowing what they are talking about.

7. Psycho

Psycho Guest

Do not judge, so that you may not be judged. For with the judgement you make, you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get.

Just saying.......Kinda some talking out of the sides of your mouth around here.

8. Cleopatra

Oh, a newbie to point out our faults. YAY!

So, in this case. What does that mean? That my church will be in the limelight next? Could you elaborate?

9. CrazyFabulous

How exciting....will be a dandy day!

10. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Geez! Are people such cowards that they have to create new screen names to hide or are they embarrassed to let people know who they really are?

:?

11. CrazyFabulous

I think people on here are telling members what is said and they are paying us a visit to set us straight.

12. Cleopatra

Like the Crue "forum"? <snickers>

13. CrazyFabulous

Exactly! ;)

14. beebsy

beebsy Well-Known Member

Couldn't have said it better....thanks for that!:iagree:

15. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

that and there are a lot of members/attendee's of C3 that we (you) talk to everyday on here.....

16. beebsy

beebsy Well-Known Member

Now THAT is HILARIOUS!! OMG, I am glad I tinkled BEFORE I read that !! GOOD ONE!!! :hurray:

17. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Well-Known Member

I agree with PRM. To each his own. I've been to all different kinds of churches from very reverent to very wild, small to large ...and none of them are perfect. There are no perfect pastors or staff either. But if you really look, you can usually find some good people trying very hard to help others.

I personally think it would be great if a pastor earned a median salary for his congregation and lived in a median-valued home based on the values of the homes of his congregation. The further above that level you go, the harder it is to justify your sincerity.

NASCAR, Walmart, and C3-like churches are the humorous realities of today's culture. They're not all good and they're not all bad. :lol:

18. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:iagree:

19. Psycho

Psycho Guest

Not a newby, just a new name :) But since you brought it up, then yes!

20. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Spare us and just give us your old username! :?