A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Oops, sorry! My bad! :oops::lol:

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I would guess that SS could post a good picture of a Volvo wagon with the third seat that looks out the back window since he works for them. I think that is the kind of vehicle you guys are talking about.

Sherry

3. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Hmm. Did SS tell us all where he worked?

4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

He has in the past and I think he would be able to supply a visual for those who don't understand.

Sherry

5. Cleopatra

*PEOPLE*

It is NOT my job to watch your kids in the Chick-Fil-A play area. There is a sign that is very plainly posted stating your children's presence in that room requires adult supervision, each child must be accompanied by said adult. For a 5 YO child to argue with me, and tell me it is fine, it's ok, I always come in here by myself, I watch myself, blah blah blah really speaks volumes to your lack of parenting and lack of grandparenting.

I stopped by the table and pointed out the rules to you Gramma, while mom looked like she was getting over a 3 day bender. You got snippy with me - told me it was fine, it's OK. No, it's not OK. Are you telling me it is OK for me to babysit your grandchild? You didn't ask me, you didn't pay me.

Don't have them, if you do not want to take care of them. So I continued on to the counter and spoke with the manager. He didn't know what to do! Damn, buddy - walk over there in your chick-fil-a uniform and inform those adults of the rules!

I go back to the room, and do you know 3 more unattended children (from seperate families!!) show up? Am I in the freaking Twilight Zone? I know some of you had to have heard my discussion with Gramma... and you send you kids in too? So, back up to the counter I go. This time the other manager tells me that "it happens" and they "don't really know what to do".

Am I crazy? Here is my beef. If one of those children were to fall and get hurt, I would feel some level of responsibility - just like if it were one of my own kids. I also do not want to be the one to witness an injury, and have to run out to the lobby to alert somebody that their kid just fell and hurt themselves. Lastly, when you are not in there with your children they run wild - sometimes they do not play nice and one of MY children gets injured. WTH?

6. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

Preach it Cleo....I agree 1000%. This needs a thread of its own!

7. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Another reason why I avoid those playrooms like the plague. I take mine to the park where it's more open and I don't feel responsible for others kids.:lol:

8. Cleopatra

I am just dumbfounded by the whole thing.

9. Cleopatra

I was just trying to do something different and fun with my girls. God forbid I should parent them. :lol:

10. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

My mom would say....'the masses are *****!'

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I never let DS in those things much either. Rowdy kids and germs galore. :lol:
    Thank goodness he's old enough to not go in there now.

12. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:iagree:

same here, mine weren't allowed to be in those 'playrooms' in McDonalds or Chik-fil-a.....just the thought of all those germs makes me want to vomit right here, right now....

and I agree with Cleo, I see parents shoo their kids in there while they go up and place the order for food....people are nuts. they will be the first one to hold those places liable too, if something bad happens. surrounded by idiots we are.

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm not overly germ-o-phobic, but I don't know that those places ever get really cleaned, and kids are germ factories, let's face it. All kids. Then some of the kiddies you see have runny noses, etc. It's just not worth it.

14. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I'm so freakin' tired. I wish I could have slept in today.

AND...
    I got bimbo blone hair now. :hurray::hurray:

15. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

Don't get me started on this one...I ocassionally take them cause its so hot outside and we don't have a swing set at home. Least they they can have lunch/dinner (whatever) than they go play. But it never fails where other kids come in alone, play rough, fail language, no supervision what so ever. I am the one that has to say "becareful around my toddlers, you are bigger then them and you scare them" with your rough housing. They look at me like I am the bad guy. I usually leave which is not fair to the girls but I am not taking this crap. Not my job.

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Why is it that sometimes anything that can go wrong.................does!! Today is going to blow. :banghead:

17. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

:iagree: This issue just pi**** me off!!

18. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Hey LChandler or KellBell, when you changed your screen name did you just email webbie what you wanted it to change to? Now I got to think of one!! I'm thinking I am going to go with Shern .... old college nickname.

19. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Girl, our fave person at CDH hooked me up with a new drink to try yesterday at lunch...yum!

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: