Looking for......

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Feb 11, 2008.

1. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Yes, I saw that one. I can't remember if I replied to it or not. If it's a twin/full I did. If I didn't reply it's because it's not a twin/full. I've replied to everything on Craiglist or 4042 that's been on for the last week, with no luck. Still looking though if anyone knows of anything. If nothing is found will order something new this week. Wanted something by this Friday, my poor kids have been roughing it for a couple weeks now (long story)...they don't seem to mind though.

2. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Have you tried Furniture salvage in Smithfield? LOVE THEM. The problem is you never know what they have. Sometimes we find tons of stuff and sometimes not...

3. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Have not been to Smithfield or Ashley in Clayton, although I called them after visiting them online so I know what they have on their showroom floor. I've been all over the Garner/Raleigh/Glenwood area. I've also tried every bunkbed store online I could find, have found a couple I like, just thought I'd try something used if I could first, since the kids will probably just use them a couple years before outgrowing them anyway.

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Did you ever check out Sam's ???

5. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Anyone have a cell phone they want to cell (one that will take a SIMS card) Yes this is my 5th one in 2 years, that is why I dont buy them new....

Anyone?? Not picky, flip phone preferred since I am so rough on them.... (water proof, shock proof and indestructible would be nice too!):lol::lol:

6. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I have my old Nextel ic502 that I'm trying to sell. I was asking $80 for it with the house charger, and car charger, but for you.....I'd make a better deal, lol..

7. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I don't have a Sam's card, but did look online. It was a while ago, they either didn't have any, or nothing I liked, can't remember what it was. I ended up ordering one yesterday through Laurel Lane. Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

8. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Ignore my ignorance... but do you have to have a nextel plan to use a nextel? I can just use my regular Cingular plan right? If so I am interested. Are you home or working? What kind of 'better deal' can you give me? lol

thanks!!

9. JenniferK

I have no idea girl, I just know it takes a sim card. You can come over and try it if you want to. I have the phone with me at work, but the charger and stuff is at home.

I'd let you have it for $60 if you wanted it.

10. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Ok, let me ask hubby if he thinks it will work. (anyone out there know??) I can swing by your house tonight and get it if that is ok with you. (or at least make sure it works!!)

Thanks!!

11. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Hubby says it wont work.... darn (anyone know if he is right?) he said it is a different frequency.

12. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

The guy at the Nextel place (beside LOL ) told me you could not just swap SIMs cards on the ic502. You have to have the sims card programmed in there. I don't know, just what the guy told me.

13. JenniferK

ljk, honestly, I have no clue. I don't know why it wouldn't work?
    Come by the house this evening and try it. Worse case scenario, you get to see me! LOL

14. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I have a Nokia that's about 5 years old and has a crack in the little window over the screen. I just replaced it with a BlackJack II smart phone. Woo hoo!

The Nokia is not a flip phone, and I don't know how much longer it's going to last, but if you want it, just come by the house & pick it up.

15. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Aww thanks!

I am going to run to the pawn shop at lil dudes nap time and see what they have. But I may give you a call if that is a flop! :)

Jenn I called the nextel store and asked and they said they wont work... but thanks anyway. It sounded like a good deal too!

16. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

OK, I may be outside mowing the lawn so just swing by if you don't get an answer.

17. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

I have cingular, and according to hubby I have 3g. (I dont know much about these things can you tell??) How much?

My daughter and I share a plan (she is in college) and she has an Iphone. My cell phone doesnt work in the part of Clayton that we think we are going to build at, so I will need a new plan when we move...

18. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Hmmm, so I dont want it? :)

19. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

I am not having reception issues here. At the property where we are moving to, I do not have reception. (But we wont move for 5-6 months, so I have time to worry about that later!!)

20. brea7347

brea7347 Well-Known Member

I have a Motorola V180 GSM which is a flip phone. The battery is not holding a charge for long, so you'll need a new one. You are welcome to it though!