Mail delivery RANT

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Chimp, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Chimp

Chimp Well-Known Member

I received a package today that had some chemical spilled all over it. The smell is awful and it got the papers inside all wet with the chemical too. I am so MAD! I am taking it back to the post office tomorrow! It gave everyone in the house a headache within 5-10 minutes of bringing it inside.

I don't even know what kind of chemical was spilled on it..it could be toxic.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

2. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

We received a package from UPS that our daughter mailed here from where she moved out of to come here. It was extremely heavy, as it had lots of her clothes in it. It arrived in extremely dented condition, as if someone sat on the box. It also had holes poked in it, and fresh blood smeared on the side. I didnt know what to make of it; it was only clothes, but we made sure nothing was missing or ripped, but it was the blood on the box that creeped us out.

3. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Did you call UPS and complain? I sure would have.

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

OK, as part of my living I deal with things like this, what I would have done is call 911 and not touch the damn thing or be anywhere near it.

5. CakePrincess

CakePrincess Well-Known Member

Our postal workers (USPS, not UPS) normally take extra care with our customers' damaged package. In your case, especially with strong odor on it, your postal carrier usually use a special plastic bag with a message on it ("We care, call if you have concerns, etc) and sometime he or she can see you in person to discuss about your package. If the package have a tracking number on it, one of our postal supervisor will call the sender and ask them for more information (what's in the box that caused an odor, hazard? etc.) As for blood, that's something we need to be aware of it too. If you're having an issue with UPS, please let them know.

6. Chimp

Chimp Well-Known Member

Just got back. The post office agreed to copy half of the pages. I am a little ticked off that they would not do the whole thing. They said it was too big and even though the whole thing smells like chemicals, you cannot tell by looking that that the first half is damaged. But they still smell awful.

At first they tried to say it was because they had someone ship fish and that is what caused the liquid...but it is not fish smell it is chemical. So half the papers were copied and the other half we have to take somewhere and copy ourself.

PS: Our carrier just put the wet package in our mailbox. When I walked out to get the mail he was was at the end of our street. He didn't care..just jammed it in the box.

This make me really hesitant to purchase things online that are shipped via USPS.

7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

you must have the same idiot mail carrier we have in our neighborhood. He jammed a box into ours, the exact same size as the mailbox, we had to cut the box, get the contents out, then continue cutting the box into peices, to get it out of the mailbox....I went bolistic.....he got what was coming to him needless to say, and I called the Postmaster.

8. CakePrincess

CakePrincess Well-Known Member

You're doing the right thing by calling the postmaster. Shoveling a package in a mailbox is not wise. It should be placed on the doorstep, door, on porch, whatever it's best. When the postmaster receives complaint from a customer, he will write a note and talk to a carrier about it.

9. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Gotta give a big shout out to our carrier. SHE drives up to our house 1-2-3x a week to leave boxes on our doorstep that are too big for our box.

THANK YOU.

10. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

My carrier is great also. She also always brings the boxes that won't fit in our box right to our door. Thanks Joe!!!

11. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Before we moved, we had the best carrier! Now...not so much!

12. 3Cs&Me

3Cs&Me Guest

We have the best carrier - I love her. She would bring the mail to my doorstep sometimes, just to chat. When I had my 2nd daughter, she brought my mail to the door for 2 weeks so I wouldn't have to go out in the heat. Sweet, really.

However, I think she must have changed routes or something b/c we've been having a lot of issues lately. We didn't get mail for 3 days straight - which is weird. I was getting my nutty neighbor's mail, but no one seems to have ours! Weird.....and I miss her!

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I just love subsidizing someones social life. ;(

14. scbuff

scbuff Well-Known Member

I agree. Does this idiot drive a beatup grey color chevy blazer. That SOB has dug a hole in front of my mailbox with his POS

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Ours comes in like he/she is arriving in the pits at a NASCAR race, throwing gravel everywhere. Makes huge ruts. Drives DH nuts. I'm about to complain to someone as well, gravel is so cheap and all. :evil:

16. me&them

me&them Well-Known Member

Before we moved we had a wonderful carrier Linda. We loved her! Since we have moved we never get our mail. Mail goes to the house next door or is just missing. I had one package they scanned in delivered that wasn't delivered to my house. Call to find out what happened to it and all I got was it was delivered and put at your front door. Which is a total lie I'm home all day everyday and I can see my mail box from inside the house they never even got out of the car that day.

Since I have complained isn't gotten worse. Had two packages marked undeliverable and sent back to the sender. Sender takes them to their PO and PO says nothing wrong with them they should not have been sent back.

Top it off we have a different person everyday never the same one!

17. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

:iagree: Just the other day, she had to come up to my house for me to sign something....she looked rugged looking and not so happy. I am sure she was upset because I called the post office Saturday before saying that I received the slip for me to sign something...I was home all day...no one came to my door. They are lazy to come out of their car.

18. Tnwalkenhrse

Tnwalkenhrse Well-Known Member

I think I had your package ROFLMAO. Came home to find one of those barcoded packages on my doorstep... Was our neighbors. We only have our address on the mailbox THREE times.
    My alltime favorite. A payroll check from one of the companys we work for... three weeks missing, envelope opened and a BIG sneaker print on the envelope!