Twisted Oaks

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Loriana, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Loriana

Loriana Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a contact number for the HOA in this subdivision? About a month ago someone knocked over my mailbox. I dismissed it as a bad driver or teenager. Now someone has knocked out my cemented stone border and left the bricks in my yard. Does anyone have any idea what this would be about??? Is this an idiot, a HOA issue, or a postal service issue?

2. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

3. newlifetaxidermy

newlifetaxidermy Well-Known Member

Sounds like you need to call the Johnston County Sheriff's Dept. A HOA is basically a group of busy-bodies that has nothing better to do than get in people's business and tell them what to do on their own property.

4. ibleedbluee

ibleedbluee Active Member

I don't think there's a formal HOA in Twisted Oaks, at least not in Phase 1. I don't know what they could do for you. There's supposed to be a neighborhood watch in place, but someone would have to catch the a-hole in the act.

5. Loriana

So is this considered the Clayton post office, or Garner, since my address is Garner, but live in JoCo?

6. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

Someone sounds bitter towards HOAs. HOAs also protect property values that others seem to not care about. When someone moves into a HOA they should have read the rules & regs if someone doesn't like the rules & reg go live somewhere else. Its great, people Enlightened person & moan about HOAs but yet they moved into that community knowing there is HOA.

7. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Garner address=Garner Postal Service :).

Frogger

8. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

:iagree:

9. Loriana

I agree. Regardless of whether they're going to be helpful or not, they need to be aware of the situation so that others can be on the lookout for other incidents of vandalism.

10. CakePrincess

CakePrincess Well-Known Member

Contact Garner Post Office.

11. Loriana

I've contacted them and they were very nice. They're going to talk to my driver to see if he moved them. If not, it remains a mystery???

12. newlifetaxidermy

Never had a problem with a HOA myself, as we don't have one in my neighborhood. My friend lives on 6 wooded acres in a neighborhood with a HOA. They went on his property, behind a privacy fence, to see if he was breaking any rules. Sure enough, he had a couple cars with no license plates...and that, apparently, is a big no-no. He is a tinkerer and was working on restoring/repairing the cars. They were in an enclosed area, not visible from the street. No one (including the police) has the authority to go searching on your property without your permission or a warrant. This is America... IMO, a person has the right to do what he wants, within the confines of the LAW, on his own property. If that makes your house worth a little less, then I am sorry.

Rant over...we now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

13. Loriana

It was not my mailman who moved the bricks. The whole scenario remains a mystery...

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

So one day you agree to the rules, the next you claim it is acceptable to violate the rules becase "This is America".Boy that just makes me proud!

15. newlifetaxidermy

I bought my home in a neighborhood that doesn't have a bunch of rules because I don't want to be told what I can and can't do on my property by my neighbors. Yes, my friend should have obeyed the rules...as he was aware of them and agreed to them when he bought the house. The part I have a problem with is them going on his property when he wasn't home and without permission. They went inside his fence and took pictures of the 2 cars without license plates. There was no complaint from any of the neighbors...they were on a search for violations so they could collect some fines so that they would have enough money to hire a management company to run the HOA. After he threatened a lawsuit, they dropped the fines and let him off with a "warning".

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I bet that as a condition of the HOA he agreed to give them access.

17. Grammie

Grammie Guest

Okay I have a question. What if someone has junk cars in their backyard. It has a fence but it is chainlink. Their backyard looks like a junk yard. They also have broken down boats there too. This place is an eyesore. What can be done to make them clean it up? I donot have HOA but their are some rules that are suppose to be followed in here.

18. newlifetaxidermy

I highly doubt that anyone with a reasonable intellect would agree to allow nosey neighbors to go on a fact-finding mission on their property when they are not home. He might have agreed to give them access, but I'm almost certain that doesn't mean unrestricted access.

19. newlifetaxidermy

The county has rules on that...you could check with the county planning and zoning board as a good place to start. If that doesn't get you anywhere, your only course of action is to hire a lawyer and file a lawsuit. The neighborhood I am in has rules, but no HOA to enforce them. If someone is in violation of the rules, we as a neighborhood would have to collect enough money to hire a lawyer to take it to court. In the 9+ years I have lived in my house, there has only been one incident. Someone tried to put in a modular home on a vacant lot that supposedly wasn't part of the subdivision. The only access to this lot was by the streets in the subdivision. I'm not sure what the folks in the neighborhood did, but I know they had a couple meetings about it and eventually the modular was moved off the lot. Personally, I had no problem with it. So, I didn't attend the meetings.