DON'T GO TO Cathy's Nails on 42

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Geminii, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Geminii

Geminii New Member

My daughter and I went there for a mani and pedi... it was the worst ever... dont waste your money go somewhere else... it was terrible. Neither one of the techs talked to us... I ended up at the doc with an infection and the tech's were talking to each other in their language and then being very disrespectful. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY.... THAT PLACE NEEDS TO GO OUT OF BUSINESS!!!! thanks for listening.

2. Tnwalkenhrse

Tnwalkenhrse Well-Known Member

they did a wral thing on manicures and pedicures and said over fifty percent of businesses reused items they were not suppose to, to save money. Said they were germ fests. Don't know anything about this particular one though.

3. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I wanted to try this place since it's only a mile down the road, but I know two people who've been there and they both say it's horrible, and not to waste my money. Too bad, it'd be nice to have a decent place close by.

4. sheblondy

sheblondy Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried to new Nail Salon next to Lowes Foods at 42/50 ?

5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Cindi's Nails is the place at 42/50 (by Lowe's Foods)....not sure if thats the same place the OP is talking about, I think it is....and its horrible...they had soap opera's (in their native language) playing the whole time. The tech (and I use the term loosley) looked over her shoulder at the tv the entire time and she talked on the phone....NEVER AGAIN.....no cert's on the walls, nuttin....

DIVA nails is the best, up at White Oak, by the theatre, I will nevva stray again....

6. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Yeah, I believe that's what she meant, Cindy's, not Cathys...

Both places at White Oak are owned by the same people, and that's where I go as well, I'm always satisfied when I leave there. Wish there was a place closer, but there doesn't seem to be...

7. KellBell

where is there another place at White Oak, I am drawing a blank?

8. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

Near BWW's

9. KellBell

ah yes....sank you.

10. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

yep, that's it. I got a gift card for my bday, and when I went there (the one by Best Buy) it was packed, and there was a wait. I knew they owned the other one too by the theaters, and I thought that was a dumb idea to own 2 in the same plaza. Well, not so dumb after all, they just sent the overflow to the other one, and they still took my gift card, so it was a win-win for everyone!

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Lee Spa Nails is the name of the one near BWW and Best Buy. They are also opening another location on Rock Quarry Rd. where the new Food Lion and McDonalds are.

12. colinmama

colinmama Guest

The one kid at Cindy's nails actually gave me a hard time about getting my nails done at another place and not coming back to him to get my fill! He had some nerve to put a guilt trip on me. He just wouldn't let up. Needless to say I WON'T be going back to him. Giving people a hard time is no way to get a customer's loyalty.

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I went to 95 Nails in Garner (years and years ago) and I had gone a few times. My nails don't grow as fast in the winter as they do in the summer, most people probably notice that with their own. So I was going for my fill-in every 3 weeks instead of every 2, they wanted to charge me extra because I didn't come back in 2 weeks and not it cost extra acrylic to do the fill-in!!
    I only paid them the $15 and never went back there again.

14. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

Tango nails is good. Ask for Kim.
    In the strip mall with Kroger at Timber.

As far as the infection the person got. Call the N C State Board of Cosmetic Arts in Raleigh.

I would.

If you dont, it may happen again and again to someone else. It is ILLEGAL to use certain instruments and one should NEVER and I mean NEVER use a tool more than once without sterilization.

If they pull out a nail file and it has white powder on it, that is someone else s filed off nail..ewwwww.

15. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

My daughter & I went to Cindy's for pedicures and it was great. My daughter doesnt usually get pedicures b/c she is 4 but she was the flower girl in a wedding that weekend so we splurged. Anyway, the young guy working there treated my daughter like a princess. They were very over the top to give her the full experience. I doubt we will go again at $30 a pop but we did have a great time!