A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

funny!!!

side note: when am I going to hear from the school for kindergarten classignments/evaluations? it's gotta be soon!!

2. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

Cleo

Do you have a sponsor for your team?

3. Rostrawberry

has anyone been reading the classifieds "Pets and Supplies" read number 9.
    Wonder what is up with that post....has someone been stealing animals.

4. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

I love the one entitled IDIOT etc. in that section8)

5. Rostrawberry

Yea...Number 4

first missing kids......now missing dogs. What gives?

6. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Random thought: my 5 yo learned how to write the letter "e" today, he's so proud of himself! (it's in his name, so he's been struggling for a while). Unfortunately, he's already forgotten how so now he's frustrated again...

7. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Hello all. What a wonderful day so far. Hope everyone is having a great morning.

Sherry

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

On my way home right now, so it is a good day! ;)

9. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Great, two having a good day! Stay safe.

Sherry

10. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

later folks!

I'm gone to go babysit the drunkerds! :lol:

Have a great weekend and everyone.... PLAY NICE!:cheers:

11. Rostrawberry

have a good weekend Koo :cheers:

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Hardly a blip on the radar screen, but was quite shocked this AM to discover that my 9 year old needs glasses. Had no clue. Not a "bad" prescription, but his eyes are worse than his dad's! <sigh> and so begins the saga of lost glasses and lots of $$.

For anyone who needs to know, Walmart's vision center has got an excellent "back-to-school" sale going on. I was actually quite impressed with the Dr. there as well, the one in Clayton. DH has always seen Dr. Bowers down in Garner, but I couldn't get DS in to see her, and since I wasn't entirely sure he needed glasses, I figured the doc there would do. He actually did a very good exam and I was pleasantly suprised. 8)

13. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

DD and I both recently got glasses from Walmart and we were VERY pleased with the quality and most of all the prices. We had out eye exams with Dr. Bailey in Garner (Garner Eye Care) on Vandora Springs Rd. He is the bomb! Very thorough exams and a nice guy.

14. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

my daughter just reminded me that I needed to make her an appointment for an eye exam. and she wants new glasses this time.

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

just went through the same thing with dgs who is also 9, got his glasses a couple months ago and he is also 9. He has been very good about keeping up with them so far, we have a special spot at my house where they go when he comes over to play in the pool and all. He plays baseball and is totally athletic and so far there have been no problems, knock on wood. i call him my little Harry Potter now:lol:

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Got nice metal frames, polycarb lenses too for $40!! I couldn't believe it!

I'm sure we will get him another pair soon, but this will be a good pair to "practice" with. I won't keel over if he loses them, which is bound to happen.

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

hey did you see the post on the other side about Ken's baby?

18. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

wish i could get some that cheap. her lenses alone will be around $300. we do try to get cheap frames because of that. she has actually used the same frames for the past several years and just changes the lens. Of course this doesn't include her contact lens. thank goodness for insurance.

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I did! I'm very happy for them.........................and glad it ain't me!! :hurray::hurray::hurray:

20. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I second that!