West's FB coach resigns

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bandmom, Jul 16, 2008.

1. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/bestblog/west-johnston-high-football-coach-resigns

Kwame Dixon has resigned as head football coach at West Johnston High School, The Herald confirmed through two sources today.
    Dixon was 11-23 as the Wildcats' leader in four seasons, going 7-5 in 2007 and leading West to its first ever state playoff appearance and a second place finish in the Greater Neuse River 4-A Conference.
    Neither Dixon nor school officials were immediately available for comment.
    Eric Pulley has been named interim head coach for West.
    We'll provide further updates once more information becomes available.

2. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Uh oh.........

3. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Anyone?
    This is a big surprise?

4. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

Well yeah....kinda....my kid is going to play JV as a freshman this year.....and I have no idea about any of the coaches yet. I as kinda shocked as the season hadn't even started yet.

5. bandmom

I am. I thought west had done pretty good this past yr, better than previous yrs. But I don't know anything about 'him'. Is it a good thing that he's gone?

6. wsresident

wsresident Well-Known Member

7. jillywilly

jillywilly Active Member

That's a loss for Clayton - he's a good coach.

8. SubMom727

SubMom727 Well-Known Member

Coach Jones is not only an excellent coach - but a wonderful teacher as well! My son was in his class for 2 semesters and really enjoyed the class. Some type of computer stuff! Anyway - CHS' loss and WJHS gain! Best of luck to Coach Jones and the Wildcats!

9. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

while i don't have a kid at west or anything, i have had a chance to meet kwame dixon on a couple of occasions, and find him and his family to be very impressive, both individually and as a unit. he's a very intelligent, motivated, charismatic and powerful presence, imho. i hope he does well in the future

10. cycleman1979

cycleman1979 Well-Known Member

Yes, what he said....Kwame is a good guy all around.

11. bandmom

I agree - thats why I wonder why he left? I hope it was his decision and not the schools...

12. Vitameatavegemin

Vitameatavegemin Well-Known Member

Coach D sent a real nice note to the band last fall. West's Band has been doing a bang-up job of getting the crowd into the game and that kind of energy helps the players stay motivated. I think Coach realized that's part of the 'home team advantage'. The band really appreciated his acknowlegement...
    He's a good guy...hate to see him go.

13. bandmom

:iagree: hate it too - like I said earlier - I HOPE it was his decision to leave for bigger and better things, and not JOCO's....