Wake County Issue but...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by wolfcub, Jul 31, 2008.

1. brea7347

brea7347 Well-Known Member

I understand that part. Just wondering why, if they don't open it, can it not be given back for other use rather than just thrown away. It just seems so wasteful.

2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Probably a quality control issue. How would one know if it had been kept cold or left out or tampered with....you know what I mean, too many risks involved? I agree thats its wasteful and the school should figure out a way to remedy the problem......

3. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

that's right mom 2 1boy, and it is a fair law. If a child really can not tolerate something then a doctor needs to know and will write a note. I have a note for my daughter now! So parents need to do their part in not having their milk just thrown away by having a doctors note! Parents lie out there too, so they can not always take a parents word. There are many children who run their families home and they would lie just because their child wants sweet tea and coke and just does not like milk.

4. wolfcub

wolfcub Well-Known Member

And this makes a whole heck of a lot of sense. They have to give milk unless a Dr's note is provided and in that case they will jus throw sugar filled juice down thier throats. Nice.

5. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

well just keep complaining, thats doing alot of good too.

6. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

It doesn't even have to go on the kid's tray - then it can go back with the rest of the milks for the day. It just sems so retarded. Maybe at the end of the year, they could use all the extra milk to make milkshakes for the good boys and girls. Screw those little allergic kids! They can have juice!

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I guess someone else didn't get the memo...................life ain't fair!!

8. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

so they offer and alternative with juice, but that does not make everyonwe happy. It is too hard to make everyone happy, especially when a milk delivery man like maola makes the deliveries. It is not brought in on a warehouse truck unless that has changed in the past few years. Maola & companies like this generally do not sell soy. So they would have to hire a private delivery company to spend extra money and extra gas charges on one case of milk. It is not meeting supply and demand. Againg I can trul speak of this because my child is ALLERGIC to milk. Do they need to stop having pizza too? Nope b/c on days they have cheese I pack her lunch.

9. wolfcub

wolfcub Well-Known Member

and I guess you both missed the boat on the fact thhis is a discussion Board

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Gosh, and here I thought that's what we were doing.................DISCUSSING the fact that this isn't nearly as big a problem as you are trying to make it out to be. Sorry if we didn't all line up behind you and tar and feather the school system. 8)

11. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

thank you, my exact thoughts..