Cub Scout Popcorn Sale!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kdc1970, Aug 12, 2008.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Ladies and Gentlemen! It's that time again! :hurray::hurray::hurray:

Support your local cub scouts and contact me if you are interested! There are various kinds of cheese, chocolate, kettle, caramel, microwave you name it! Even some "light" varieties for those of us on diets. 8)

If popcorn isn't your thing, they have added some new gift items this year as well as cookies, brownies, nuts and gummy bears

PS: They make GREAT Christmas presents. It's not too soon to be thinking about it! :mrgreen:

2. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Kdc, is there a website with items and prices?

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Unfortunately, if you order from the website, it doesn't go to the local scouts. I am working on getting the brochure scanned so I can email it to any interested parties. Hope to have that tonignt.

Thanks!! :hurray:

4. JenniferK

Well I can look at the site and order from you, right? :cheers:

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Duh!! :oops:

I don't have the address with me this morning, I think it's TrailsEnd something or other. Let me research a bit.

And again. DUH!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

6. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

the chocolate toffee popcorn is THE best popcorn on the PLANET.

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

http://www.orderpopcorn.com/ProductCatalog.asp?guid={1B9D9694-C654-4B0E-AD2F-ED00AF11A08D}

There you go!

As I understand it, if the popcorn is ordered directly from the website, the money goes to the council, but it doesn't get credited to the individual scout. And hey, if that is the way anyone wants to do it, that's awesome too. You can also order popcorn to be sent to our troops.

The boys are working towards goals for prizes and scholarships. Don't worry folks, DS will be out pounding the pavement this weekend to do his share. :mrgreen:

So if you see a scout, any scout, knocking on your door, it's for a good cause. Even if you aren't interested, be nice to the little fellas! 8)

8. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

kdc,

If we see something we like on the website, just PM you, right?

8)
    Frogger

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yes ma'am!! Please! :lol:

10. froggerplus

'nuther q....

What other "stuff" is available besides popcorn? Saw some popcorn to get and thought I might get something else too...

Frogger

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That's one I am definitely going to have to get scanned. They have Butter Toffee Peanuts. 16 oz bag for $10, Gummy Bears 9 oz bag for $10.00. Cashew Halves/Pieces 12oz bag for $12.00. Mississippi Muddles Brownie Mix, Triple Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix, & White Chocolate Cranberry Cookie Mix for $10.00. Each mix makes about 2 dozen cookies. There are also some candles , Fragrenced Reed Diffusers, Scented Rocks (which look gorgeous), those are priced from $12 to $20. Hopefully DH can scan the brochure for me tonight. I don't know how to use his fancy schmancy printer, fax scanner thing in there. :oops:

12. froggerplus

<drooling>

Ok, kdc, you can stop at any time. Whew!! I asked for it, didn't I?!

<when do I get paid?>
    Frogger

13. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

OK, you know I will help out. You have done things for DD, so when you get everything together, email me....you got the email address.

14. sheblondy

sheblondy Well-Known Member

Have your son come sell in the Meadows Subdivision off Cleveland School Road ! I love that stuff ! And there are many more, I'm sure. My boys used to be in the scouts. I miss that.

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Bump! :jester:

16. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

How long does it take for the product to come in and when is the last day?8)

17. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Thoughts of popcorn...:ack:... but just because my tummy doesn't feel good right now. BUT, I'd be happy to support your cause. Check your PMs.

18. JenniferK

I meant to order something from you the other night.

The only thing online is the popcorn, didn't you have another catalouge too?

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

OK, REVISED edition: The deadline is Sept 27th, popcorn to be delivered to the Scouts on November 9th. It will take a few days for them to then make their deliveries. We gave some as Christmas gifts last year, and it was still very fresh then.

Jen, yep there is a smaller brochure with all the other goodies. I don't think DH got to scan that one yet. (He had to go out of town unexpectedly) But I got a beautiful new one at work the other day, and I'm sure they won't mind if I practice on it for this. :mrgreen:

I have the popcorn one if you want to see it. PM me with your email address and I will send the other one when I get it as well.

Thank you everybody! :hurray:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2008
  20. Desdemona25

Desdemona25 Well-Known Member

If I were only local, I'd buy from ya. Waaah!

The popcorn definitely stays fresh. I made some Cub Scouts VERY happy last year when I bought 2 boxes of microwave popcorn and a large tin of whatever the popcorn is that's sitting on my desk at home. I just opened the tin not too long ago and it's just fine.

At least in my Brownie troop one of the girls has an older brother that is a Cub and will be selling. So he can be our family's supplier. Woo hoo! :)