Thrift/Consignment shops?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ferrickhead28, Aug 31, 2007.

1. shygrrl

shygrrl Well-Known Member

Anyone know the hours for Pizazz? Are they open til 6 during the week? And Basic Needs is open tonight 6-9? Right?? Is that near Cleveland Auto Repair and the Karate place?

2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

It's located in Peddler's Village - behind the stores you see from 42. Turn in by Bojangles, its on the right, all the way down, just past the auto repair shop there on the left.

3. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

Pizazz is open M-F from 10-5 and Sat. from 10-3.

4. bump! :hurray:

5. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

If you have winter clothes to sell to Children's Orchard, get that stuff together and get your appt made. I called today, and my appt is not until mid-September.

6. superkathy

superkathy Well-Known Member

And here I have been thinking only I love thrift stores. Loved hearing about all of these I had not heard of before.

7. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

Try Retails Thrift Shop 100% of their proceeds go to help homeless animals. They are located at 1608 North Market Drive, Raleigh (off Old Wake Forest Rd. two rows behind Red Lobster

(919) 872-0019

Wed - Sat 10-6
    Sunday 1-5
    Closed Monday and Tuesday

8. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

There is also a new Childrens consignment store at Aversboro Square in Garner, I have bought several great name brand buys there and she has cute Boutique style stuff as well. I think it is Buttons & Bows maybe?

9. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Basic Needs is open only on Mondays (6PM-9PM) and Saturdays (9AM-6PM)

10. sheblondy

sheblondy Well-Known Member

And a childrens consignment will be coming soon to 40/42, next to Dominos Pizza and Dairy Queen. I think its going to be called Joeys Closet. New and used stuff for boys and girls up to the teens.

11. cece

cece Well-Known Member

Are they taking clothes yet; do you know?

That is great... It will be nice to have one close to home again... :)

12. sheblondy

sheblondy Well-Known Member

I am sure she would be interested in looking at what you have to sell. She is getting things together now and should be open in September. If you would like her # to get more info, PM me. Thanks !

13. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

How are the prices compared to Children's Orchard? I might cancel and get an appt there since it is closer.

14. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

If anyone is ever in Morehead City... and has time to thrift store shop... there are 4-5-6 great stores there!
    We zipped into a few this w/e when it was rainy/cloudy... one store had a $3.00 stuff a bag sale. DS found a few books; DH a pr of work pants & I nabed a few pairs of replacement farm shorts + a pr of new cleats for fall soccer.
    Score!

15. bboykin

bboykin Guest

Thrift Stores

I go Dorcas Thrift Shop in Cary alot. Plus Size Clothes are on a separate rack from other clothes and most things are under $5.00. Shoes are $3-4.

Take I-40 to Exit 289 and take Chapel Hill Road to Maynard Road, turn left and Dorcas in on the Left between the Gas Station and Vet Hospital.

I like the Guardian Angel in Fuquay too.

16. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I have been there several times...always very organized and friendly.

17. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

I would suggest this place too. I know lots of people that go here and say they find wonderful bargains!

18. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

I recently went here:

http://www.passageconsignment.com/1.html

after reading they are now open in the N & O. I was NOT impressed at all. The quality was low and I found very few items that still had tags. They also have housewares and nick nacks which was good but the clothing quality was not what I was expecting. Most of it was just above Goodwill quality and 3x the price. They wanted $12 for a well loved little boys Nautica polo shirt.

19. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

Don't know if this helps, but I usually head to the dump on Thursdays. I always end up taking more stuff home than I brought to the dump to begin with.

Never know what you might find at "treasure mountian"... That place is full of good stuff, like a big ole Easter Egg hunt for those willing to get their hands a little dirty.

Just a little hobby of mine I reckon.

20. littlejoey

littlejoey Active Member

we are now taking clothes, toys, baby/childrens furniture, etc. pm me if you have anything that you would like to get rid of. we will be doing anything from size preemie to 16. also the store is going to be called Li'l Joeys