Shotwell Road - US 70 Business Development

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by PoohBear, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

2. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

What in the world is the lump charcoal? Honestly...

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

If you are asking what lump charcoal is, it's the real thing (you know partially burned wood), not briquettes, which are machine made. Once you've used lump charcoal, you'll never use a briquette again. :jester:

4. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

At the Planning Board meeting they had "Lowe's" on the building front. No slip-up there!

5. Hotwire

Hotwire Well-Known Member

I'd rather it be a Lowe's before a Home Depot. The Home Depot's are always messy, unorganized, and rarely can you find ANYONE to help.

6. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I know what Brickettes are, but a bag of charcoal is NOt the same as lump charcoal?

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

No. They aren't "processed" It's just wood that has been partially burned. No chemicals added either.

http://www.primogrill.com/charcoal.html

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lumpfaq.htm (this is work/family safe, despite the name, LOL)

We use lump in our "Big Green Egg", the results are outstanding.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2008
  8. ponychick

ponychick Well-Known Member

9. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

10. ponychick

I think you mean Ecko furniture. They are Scandinavian, but that's about all they have in common with Ikea.

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

For IKEA I recommend you do not purchase anything on your first visit (which is very very hard to do) and come back a couple of months later (once you got over your original impression).

My spouse would have spent thousands on her first visit, but after going back realized that a lot of the stuff just isn't what she thought it was (quality wise).

Her second visit cost me less than $50.00

P.S. One day I hope to get a chance to eat their famous Meatballs!

12. ponychick

I was actually impressed with the quality, considering the price. I too would have spent a ton more money if I had a more motivated partner. My husband is always ready to leave a store as soon as he enters it. I prefer to enjoy it, and he prefers to conquer and leave. I think it's the Viking blood in him.

There were a couple of pieces that didn't live up to my expectations, but I got the bookshelves I'd been wanting, and they are worth the price - sturdy and look great. If I was disappointed in anything, it was the store itself. Not as clean and organized, and the first time we went, we actually went in backwards, completely missing the whole upstairs experience. But since I knew what I wanted, it wasn't a big deal.

You can get some decent furniture above the quality of WalMart, Target, and low end furniture stores. Not as nice as big name furniture, but I don't want to "invest" in furniture pieces.

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

:iagree:

Quality is always always in the eye of the beholder and takes into account the values the purchaser needs.

I have often used the example of which is a higher quality item - A Rolex Watch or a Timex Watch, if accuracy is the definition of quality I would typically choose the Timex.

Drives my wife nuts when we go to the mall often times I will just stay in the common area, if I need something I am in than out! :)