Cleveland Elem. teacher assignment?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by browns rule, Aug 14, 2008.

1. browns rule

browns rule Guest

Has anbody had any experience with Mrs. Royals as their child's kindergarten teacher at Cleveland Elem? Feel free to PM me.

2. michellegrl77

michellegrl77 Well-Known Member

Hoping to get tomorrow. (maybe) I have a 1 going into 1st and 1 going into 4th. Hope we get good ones. We were not lucky at all with our k-teacher

3. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

My younger daughter had Mrs. Royals and we loved her. She is loving and the kids learn a lot. Her assistant Mrs. Furlong is also great. Mrs. Royals has been teaching for a while and she told me once that she had always, even as a child, wanted to be a kindergarten teacher.

4. browns rule

browns rule Guest

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you......I feel relieved to hear such nice things about her.:hurray:

5. browns rule

browns rule Guest

Just a heads up for all Cleveland Elem parents: My son ran to the mailbox and there was still nothing from the school so I just gave them a quick call and they said that they weren't mailed out until 7am this morning. Don't look for them until tomorrow or Thursday. I told the lady, I certainly hope by Thursday, that's when orientation is! I hate waiting so long!!!:x

6. krattie

krattie Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. We were starting to look like Charlie Brown checking the mailbox for his Valentine.

7. michellegrl77

You know thats my thing. Some people may not even get them by thursday. Oh well i guess they will get a lot of phone calls. I can remember when i was in school we would get ours like 3 weeks before school starts. Oh well i will quit b**chin now.

8. browns rule

browns rule Guest

I remember that too. None of this last minute garbage. We hung around today just to get the mail. Oh well, what are ya gonna do?:?

9. michellegrl77

OK I got my teachers today. Does anyone know anything about Mrs. Spencer 1st grade and/or Mrs. Justice and Mrs. Brinke for 4th grade?

10. browns rule

browns rule Guest

How about Mrs. Hatch for 3rd grade?

11. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

We received our letter today.

12. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

Mrs Spencer is wonderful!!! We had her a couple of years ago and just loved her!! My daughter still keeps in touch with her.

13. michellegrl77

GREAT THANKS SO MUCH!!!!! Will she let the parents be involved with partys, field trips, etc.?

14. AWmom

AWmom Well-Known Member

Just wish people would form their own opinions whens they get there and actually meet the teachers!! Forget what others say, FORM YOUR OWN OPINION!!!!
    Don't get me wrong, I am curious and excited too for my kids but I will see when I get there!
    :beathorse:

15. michellegrl77

And I will BUT i like to know what my kids are getting into! THATS MY CHOICE and you have yours. If you dont want to know or dont agree then don't read the thread.

16. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Very interesting question... will she let you? Are you not the parent? Why would a teacher/school exclude parents from being as active as possible in their children's education?

17. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

:iagree:

I am with you on this. It's very subjective and relational to different personalities. One parent may love a teacher because she is very organized or structured whereas another may feel that same teacher is a tyrant. Then there is the parent who may have gotten offended and disgruntled when the teacher put some pressure for the parent to follow through at home. Each child is different and one person's experience with a specific teacher is not necessarily going to be yours. It is unfortunate these message boards are being used to potentially set the year off on a negative impression for some teachers.

18. michellegrl77

Yes LET the k- teacher my daughter had last year DID NOT want parents involved she said it made her very nervous when parents were in her classroom. She would not let the parents be there on there fields of fun day at the end of the year and when 1 parent in the classroom told her that there was an open door policy she said she had spoken with the principal and IF we as parents showed she would have the principal ask us to leave! I couldnt believe it!!!!! I AM the parent and I can understand that if my dd was in a higher grade because it can be disruptive BUT every parent or atleast most really want to be a part of there childs 1st year in school! My ds kindergarten teacher was excellent about that!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008