The 70 Bypass is a nightmare...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by colinmama, Aug 15, 2008.

1. EngNCSU

EngNCSU Well-Known Member

Thanks a whole lot for sharing with the world the last "alternate route that had not become congested. We who are now sitting at the NC 42 signal through 3 or 4 cycles are greatly appreciative of your letting everyone know about our secret route! Thanks a lot *********!

2. sacosta

sacosta Well-Known Member

Yes, I waited through that mess myself this morning. Unfortunately I think it's probably more related to school being back in session than my posting. I really haven't noticed that many more people turning at Raynor or going through the industrial park.

3. Jeepgirl

Jeepgirl Well-Known Member

I40 was a joke this morning so a lot of people were probably trying to find alternate ways. From where I live this is not the shortest route for me, but I have taken this route or a variation of this route when I40 is backed up. Unfortunately for me, I was already on I40 when I got caught at the bypass which typically lightens up between the bypass and 70 but this morning it stayed backed up to the 40/440 split.

4. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Yea - I kept hearing on the news about the 40 backup, so I tried coming up 50, which was also of course backed up! :?

5. littlemrsb_nc

littlemrsb_nc Active Member

Riding from 42 to work (I work downtown) took me an hour and a half....it has ruined my whole morning!:x

6. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

we are surrounded by complete idiots out there on the roads in the morning....complete idiots.

7. Jeepgirl

:iagree:

8. littlemrsb_nc

littlemrsb_nc Active Member

Seriously, the accident had been cleared for awhile! My husband passed it around 7:35 and said it was just a couple of cars on the side of the road. What was the freaking hold up. PEDDLE ON THE RIGHT PEOPLE!!! :banghead:

9. KellBell

the accident was gone when I went through at 7:05....I mean its just complete bull. People are stupid.

10. le

le Well-Known Member

there musta been more than one accident this morning. heard of one leaving 40/42 at 7:15 and finally got to rtp at 8:45. heck no.

11. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Yep, I listened to the news this am and went straight up Cornwallis to 70 to Garner and turned on the road that goes by the SHP and SBI and hit 40. No problems, except for traffic being a little slow due to the rain and all. I left my subdivision at 7:08 and was in Durham by 8:00-not bad.

FYI-if you are inconsiderate enough to pass through Austin Pond, because you can not sit through the 42 traffic light, because you couldn't get your lazy rear out of bed-then DO NOT GO OVER THE 25 MPH SPEED LIMIT. There are children waiting for the bus and people walking their animals. I will write down or take pictures of your tag and report you!! I find this often when leaving in the morning or coming home. I go 25 and it kills these AH who fly up on my bumper...and then I slow down to like 5-10 mph.

12. Jeepgirl

There was an accident on 40 this morning? I left the house at 6:45 this morning and didn't see an accident or any emergency vehicles. I didn't get to work in RTP until 7:55. Where exactly was it at? I just thought it was because it was sprinkling and some idiots had left the merge right blinking arrow signs on.

13. bandmom

Thats what they said on WRAL - but seems that WRAL coulda called DOT and told them the hugh mess they were causing.......:evil:

14. Jeepgirl

That would have been too easy. Luckily I didn't fall for it and stayed in the left lane or it would have taken me even longer to get to work.

15. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

SHP left the arrow panels on the shoulder after the tanker accident on I-40W was cleaned up, they forgot to turn them off.

16. KellBell

like I said, idiots. surrounded by idiots.

17. colinmama

colinmama Guest

I literally left my house at 8:30 and went down 50 because 40 was backed up still!! (I saw from the overpass on Cleveland School). It was still slow going on 50 because of the congestion everywhere else. Not cool. I just don't deal well with traffic. :banghead:

18. bandmom

I musta been right behind ya - thats about the same time I was traveling that way.:cheers: I told my boss - ALL roads comin outta JoCo were backed up today...:lol:

19. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

I wish I had a job that would allow me to leave home at 8:30. Are there any openings at the K-mart you work at?

20. colinmama

colinmama Guest

I wonder if we were calling our bosses at the same time to tell them too...I was 15 mins. late!!!