Sarah Palin VP Pick?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Redneck Rich, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

So Johnny Boy just picked a nice lookin' 44 year old woman as his runnin' mate? I reckon he just secured Bill Clinton's vote!

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

ahah, that would be the one from Alaska the GMA was discussing this morning i presume?

3. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

Yeppers

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Maybe he is going after all the middle aged women who were such strong supporters of Hillary??

5. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

I am sure Hilary is jealous for not making history as First Woman Prez or VP...oh well.

6. SpunkyPunky

SpunkyPunky Well-Known Member

Yes, I totally agree.
    I also believe he will get some of those Hillary votes.

7. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

How is that for "Change".........lol

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It's a little ironic to me. Obama picks an old guy to be his running mate and McCain, who is an old guy picks a young woman. Interesting indeed!

9. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Heh, ,i like it. Bold and bawlsy (i know its not spelled right) move. Democrats make history, so do the Republicans.

Im thinking the Bama camp just shook their heads and went Daaammmm.

10. colinmama

colinmama Guest

Exactly 8)

11. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

Probably did, not believing their good luck. Someone who has been in office less than 2 years as the running mate? Sorta makes McCain look hypocritical when he talks about Obama's lack of experience. Plus I don't see Hillary's supporters flocking to a pro-life ticket, just because a female is on it.

Very few, if any, Presidential elections are ever decided by the VP picks. This one will be no exception. Which will probably be a good thing for McCain.

12. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Think about it. After the convention last night the Democrats were thinking that they were going to get the big bump and get all the press for a few weeks.

Now...

heh.

13. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

So much for the McCain argument that Obama is too inexperienced. She has only been governor for two years and is 3 years younger than Obama.

14. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

Think about it. The Democrats knew that McCain was going to make his pick today and that the GOP was holding their convention starting Monday. So I highly doubt they were under the illusion that they would get all the press for a few weeks.

15. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

We know McCain is not faithful when it comes to marriage...... Ms. Cindy better watch out!

16. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Yup, that was my first thought. If the most important qualification for a VP is that they be qualified to become president on a moment's notice, I guess the arguments about Obama's lack of experience are off the table.

17. johnstoncogirl

johnstoncogirl Well-Known Member

Experience

Yeah, but look what she has done in that short time. From Ed Morrisey:

18. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

But she served as governor (not to mention her 6 years as mayor before that), in other words has executive experience.

19. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Biden---The six-term senator is chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Anyone else listening to her right now?