A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

You can do it! Just stay away from waterfalls and dripping faucets! :lol:

2. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

i highly doubt it's the same one...but then again.....- my friend is from a bit more south then Johnston County....or at least south of me....The stomp a mudhole in ya, was taught to me by a West Virginia Appalachian Hillbilly - (his own admission)

Besides...we have Southern Gentleman and Southern Belles on 4042.- other then the ones I know - and you know who you are....LOL?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  3. peppercorns

This is what I always thought it was- even as a yankee - we had people who lived on the outskirts in the middle of no-where and they were called rednecks too.

4. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

My DH used to say that, I never heard it from anyone else until now!

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

LOL!

You'd have to know my aunt. She is a "character." :mrgreen:

6. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

I have to agree with you Pepper. Yup, I'm a born Yankee too, I say there are just as many rednecks there as there are here, they just talk different.

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

When i lived in MD it really tickled me from growing up in the South that the folks there were proud to call themselves rednecks, i had always assumed growing up that rednecks was a Southern thing but then again they also teased me and nicknamed me Dixie cause of my accent, wow, if they could only hear me now:lol:

8. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

LOL! Earlier this year I went to Philly for a meeting for work. I felt like a freak show up there. One of the girls grabbed me by the hand and led me around to groups of people just so they could hear me talk. They said they loved my accent. Most claimed they had never heard someone so Southern before. It was crazy!!

9. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

That happened to me in VA of all places. I was like there "fire" and they were "cavemen". But they do speak differently there even though that was the captial of the South.

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Hehehehe, i am from VA and i remember loving here people from NC talk, now i go home and they want to hear me talk, i have been down here long enough to evidently pick up the accent even though i sure don't hear it but i do understand everyone now and don't hear an accent in anyone else anymore:lol:

11. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

During my short stint in CA - I worked as a teller - everybody always asked where I was from and loved to hear me talk. One thing that surprised me were all the people that 'knew' about the Tarheels (I am from Chapel Hill) growing up there I paid no attention to sports (although ALL my family did)and didn't really think anyone outside our had heard of them...:lol: I was only like 20-21 at the time.. :mrgreen:

12. VivianS

I third that. One of my best friends up north is the biggest freak'in redneck you'll ever meet! LOL He races cars, chews tobacco, and his fav restaurant is Hooters!

13. Jeepgirl

Jeepgirl Well-Known Member

I 4th that. I am from MI and my DH is from NY (and not NYC) and I can assure you that rednecks are not only from the south. My second cousin had his wedding reception at a gun club.

14. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Are they called Hillbilies if they are from up north, or is that just people who live in the mountains?

15. peppercorns

Gee... does this mean I am a Northern Redneck?

I don't think I am very southern, but my old NY friend says I sound different. I am a woman without a county....country I got - county sort of..lol

16. Jeepgirl

You know...I am not really sure. I always thought it referred to people that lived in the mountains, but I could be wrong...it has happened before.

17. Jeepgirl

I get the same thing. People from around here ask me where I am from because they say I have a "northern" accent, but when I go home to MI or to AZ where I grew up they all say I have a "southern" accent. I guess we can be Northern Rednecks together.

18. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Phew, I made it! They wanted a full bladder, they got one! I was about to burst too when I got there. Won't get the results til next week of course, and it being a holiday weekend, it'll probably be even later in the week with my luck! And then they'll call me to say they didn't find anything...:?

19. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:hurray::hurray:glad you got through it, hopes for great results.

20. VivianS

Good Job! I knew you could do it! Keeping my fingers crossed for good results for you. :)