Sarah Palin VP Pick?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Redneck Rich, Aug 29, 2008.

1. browns rule

browns rule Guest

luv u

2. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Snuffleufogous

Snuffleufogous Well-Known Member

Southernborn, Turtlepits: THANK YOU!!!

All this time I've been trying my darnedest to figure out what you all meant when you refered to your husbands as "DH". Now, I know!:jester:

4. stonecold

stonecold Guest

5. GlobeBiz

GlobeBiz Well-Known Member

She's hot! I'll vote for her....I want to see her everyday on TV.

6. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I have thought that Palin would make a good choice for some time now. She's smart and has a fighter mentality. I noticed that while the Obama camp made a misstep in a press release, Obama Biden were rather left with little to say. Romney, Huckabee, Ridge...all would have brought some baggage. Palin, who may lack experience, also lacks errors in judgement that have been documented. Obama wants change and goes with an old Washington insider who just said several months ago Obama didn't have enough experience. So has Hillary and Bill Clinton. They would have been ready for Romney. The only other safe choice could have been Pawlenty, but he's not well known either. Palin is high profile and very strong-minded. She will leave an impression no doubt.

The Democratic press release today almost made the assumption that McCain had already won stating that he had put someone inexperienced just a heartbeat away from the White House. That was it. That was the best they could do today. The problem is that Obama will be in the White House from Day One with no executive experience and having not even completed one term as Illnois Senator with a record that isn't that outstanding. Behind him is Joe Biden, who even the Democrats have decided wasn't right for office.

I'll admit that neither ticket really looks to be optimum. Obama has the "starring as president" appeal and McCain is the old "maverick" military veteran whose image doesn't always a presidentual quality. However, all things considered, I think many Americans will see Sarah Palin in a new light, especially in soundbytes, speeches and the debates. I'll bet she will eagerly take Biden to task on many of his political missteps over the years, whereas he'll have a 84% approval rating of her to return fire.

7. timmystr

timmystr Guest

MCCAIN WILL NEVER BE PRESIDENT

MCCAIN WILL NEVER BE PRESIDENT. HE USES HIS OWN PEOPLE TO BUY VOTES. THEY OFFERED ME $1,000.00 FOR MY VOTE, AND I TURNED HIM IN TO THE FEDERAL ELECTION COMMISSION, AND TO THE US ATTORNEY GENERAL FOR INVESTIGATION. I HAVE ALOT OF THINGS ON HIM AND I WILL USE THEM.:lol::nopity:

8. OmniOne1

OmniOne1 Well-Known Member

I'm all for change. And if Obama can bring that then lets see what he's got. He can't do any worse than Bush. And McCain can't provide any sort of change.

How can you become a better country without change? I don't like how our country is now. It could be worse, and it could be better. But the last thing I want is another term like the last two.

So I guess it comes down to one thing. Do you want this country to keep the same course? [McCain] Or do you want to possibly progress as a country? [Obama]

PS: I was never the biggest Obama fan. But seeing as my selection is limited. I can safely say John McCain will not recieve my vote.

9. browns rule

browns rule Guest

wake up timmy boy, your dreaming. what are you waiting for go on cnn or msnbc lets hear what garbage you have.

10. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Does anyone else wonder who will raise Palin's children while she's campaigning and serving in the White House? I wonder if she will know the baby boy born in April. With his special needs, he'll need extra care and attention. I was surprised to read she went back to work only three days after he was born. Some will cheer that as a modern day woman. I cannot see how someone seeking the VP position will be home much though to be a mom. Is the status worth the sacrifice?

11. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

turn off the caps lock key and quit shouting. 1st post on 4042.com discussion boards and you were offered $1,000. for your vote. give me a break.

12. seabee

seabee Guest

now thats pretty idiotic.

13. stonecold

stonecold Guest

you want REAL CHANGE? www.bobbarr2008.com

14. Lookout55

Lookout55 Well-Known Member

On a lighter side.....She is a dead ringer for Tina Fey. It is a shame she is not on Saturday night live anymore.

Please continue.:mrgreen: :grouphug:

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Tell me you are NOT going to turn this into a working mother versus stay-at-home mother debate? I mean, seriously. Aren't we women beyond that by now???? :?

16. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

Yep she truly believes she'll but up there at the podium with an apron on and barefooted.

17. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

It is not a working mother vs. stay-at-home mom debate. Do you think the demands of a 9-5 job and running for and being VP of the USA are even comparable?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
  18. bchcrsr

bchcrsr Well-Known Member

I was trying to figure out who she looks like. Tina Fey is it. I had the question also about Palin and raising the kids. I only have 2 and work an 8-5 and swear i need all kinds of meds to make it thru the day. How is she going to juggle this? I think it will make people sit down and think about it. I'm sure women will think about it. I know I'm not the only one. I think someone said previously something about the job of a VP and what will she have to do if McCain kicks over. It must not be too hard, walk around in the woods and shoot people. Some days that's the job i want.

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Not even. I just think it's her and her family's business. Have you asked the SAME question of Mr. Obama? I believe he has two small children as well. :?
    Oh, wait, he has a WIFE at home to take care of them. Gee, you think the Mr. in the other case might just step up to the plate??

It's insulting.

20. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!! Women with kids go to very responsible and time consuming jobs every day and make wonderful Mothers. Who do you think was the important factor in Chelsea's life. It certainly was not her DAD! True, it's not the same for this family but I think they can work it out. Apparently she has her husbands support. McCain will get our vote for sure!