A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

we say that in FO all the time.

2. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

wow, you must be really old. :mrgreen:
    Four Oaks has had 2 stoplights all my life.

3. bchcrsr

bchcrsr Well-Known Member

Well i didn't think i was old until i read your post. Thanks for the upper cut.

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

But the important question is how many Oaks does Four Oaks have?

5. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

Well all native JoCo's know the old saying, "Three Oaks and a stump"

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I know, and obviously I am not native, it just cracks me up! :mrgreen:

Obviously I am easily amused!

7. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Go BAMA! Up against Clemson and it is 31 to 10 at the moment. Roll Tide!

Sherry :hurray:

8. bchcrsr

Has anyone had any dealings with Granite Restoration out of Raleigh. They can do the granite overlay for your counter tops. I am looking at remodeling my kitchen, but don't know which way to go as far as an overlay or shelling out the big bucks and getting a granite block from Lowe's. Any body, any body?

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Familys!! GRRR!!! Got an uncle who was taken by ambulance from one hospital to a larger one last night for a SERIOUS illness. My family is supposed to be close, do you think anyone bothered to call and tell me about it?? Dern!!!! :banghead: My mother's excuse is that is was "late." 10:00 isn't that late when we are talking about a potentially life threatening problem!

10. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

my family is like that too! i will not hear any news from the parental unit and hear it from my aunt like 2 weeks after something happened! gggrrrr!

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well, I kinda fussed about it this morning. :oops: Tired of it. Families can make you nuts! Glad to know mine ain't the only one though. :ack:

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

My family told me they didn't want to worry me, as a result I did not get to see my Mother before she died.

13. bchcrsr

oh your's ain't the only ones. I talk to my brother like twice a year just cause he don't want to tell me things going on just cause i can't stand his hussy of a wife.

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That is terrible! I am so sorry you didn't get a chance to see her.

That is the problem I have with not being kept informed. The same thing happened with DH and his Grandmother. She'd been in the hospital for days and no one told us. We live in different states and she passed before he had a chance to go and see her. No one should make that decision for someone else.

15. CrazyFabulous

yes sister.....mine make me crazy!!! there is a reason i live 520 miles away......if not, i may be in prison!

16. CrazyFabulous

:iagree: worry me.....please worry me....we are family!!

17. bchcrsr

I feel ya. I read about my aunt's death one say in the Smfd Herald. Had no clue about anything. Oh yea, and when I read about it, the funeral was that day.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  18. Sherry A.

You are absolutely correct. In today's world they don't even have to call...they could use email if they don't want to talk. No excuse for something like this happening.

Sherry

19. Sherry A.

Why is Lifetime Movie Network running movies of women in labor today? Don't they understand what this holiday is? They should be showing movies regarding organizing unions in the workplace and things like that...no wonder the younger generation has not a clue as to what these holidays are. Not that we are watching the tube all day but for goodness sakes this doesn't make sense.

Happy Holiday,
    Sherry

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

For the same reason Discovery Channel is doing a marathon of "Dirty Jobs". LOL