Sarah Palin VP Pick?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Redneck Rich, Aug 29, 2008.

1. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

It looks like it was released by Palin herself or her aides. A pre-emptive strike?

http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/436411.aspx
    3rd paragraph of the story:

2. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

Well, if her daughter is 5 months pregnant, then it shoots down her given birth to the DS baby in April. Well, it's remotely possible, but pretty out there.

She's having the baby and obviously had that plan BEFORE mom got picked to be a VP candidate.

Stuff happens, that's life. It's not what challenges you face that show who you are, but rather how you face those challenges. The Palin family, though not perfect, seem to face their challenges by walking the walk.

I've seen nothing hypocritical about anything so far.

My sister had a baby as a teenager, younger than Palins' daughter when she gave birth - no big deal!

3. zookeeper

Twenty-four years ago, a good number of the voters that the Obama Campaign are targeting weren't even born!

Obama admitted to snorting cocaine less than 24 years ago - they've got to do better than a hubby with a 24 yr. old DUI and a pregnant teenager :roll:

4. OmniOne1

OmniOne1 Well-Known Member

I believe that I heard on the news that Obama experimented in drugs in college. Which i do not approve of. But it is college. To be honest I frown apon drinking and driving more than doing drugs. Unfortunately more deaths occure when one chooses to drink and drive.

BUT it is not her husband running for VP. But her.

I do not support McCain or Palin. But I think that the past is in the past. And unless it happened during their political lives it really shouldn't be dug up.

I favor Obama just because I do not want another Republican in the office right now. I think someone with new ideas could do alot more good than someone with the same old ideas.

I am an Independent. I have no favoritism toward any party. I try to look at the characteristics of the person running. Not what color tie they wear.

5. zookeeper

Yes - I honestly HATE drunk drivers.
    It was ancient history - they were dating at the time, not even married. . .sounds like there were no injuries. . .and McCain and Co. knew about this and the daughters pregnancy as well prior to her appointment.

As for Obamas cocaine. . if he were in his state of IL, if he'd been caught with even just enough for 'personal use,' it's a felony - he could have gotten 3 years in jail.

None of it makes any difference - provided it wasn't within the last 7 years. . .they should treat one's background like taxes for non-capital crimes :lol:

6. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I've got a feeling that the next two months are going to make the Bush-Dukakis race in '88 look like kid's play.

7. jumpin4joync

jumpin4joync Well-Known Member

Well, considering the fact that Obama is in charge of Obama's campaign; the attempts to discredit family members within Palin's immediate family kinda throws the whole "Change" out of the window while driving down the interstate. More of the same 'ole, same 'ole Washington DC campaigning.

Maybe "Change" was only a word picked out of the dictionary and never was meant to be anything more than a word.

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Hi Sweety! XOXOXO :mrgreen:

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Since we are digging up drug use she has already addressed this to get it out there.

Sarah inhaled

Sarah Palin has smoked pot--legally and proudly.
    Lest their be any doubts, she confirms that she inhaled, too.
    And, really, so what? We already know Barack Obama admitted to using cocaine, and a growing plurality of Americans--one survey says 42 percent--have tried marijuana at least once.
    ― Thomas Schaller

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Obama statement on Palin pregnancy

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama responded in Monroe, Michigan, today about the news that Bristol Palin, daughter of Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin, is pregnant:

"Let me be a clear as possible: I have said before and I will repeat again, I think people's families are off limits, and people's children are especially off limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as governor, or her potential performance as a vice president. "And so I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories. You know my mother had me when she was 18, and how a family deals with issues and, you know, teenage children, that shouldn't be the topic of our politics and I hope that anybody who is supporting me understands that's off limits."
    Smart move.
    ― Thomas Schaller

11. KDsGrandma

I'm glad all this petty stuff is coming out all at once, maybe we'll be able to get on to the issues pretty soon. I do think they are smart to get it all out there, and not have a "scandal of the day" over a period of time. I personally don't care if Sarah smoked pot, or Todd got arrested for DUI. I'm sorry their teenage daughter is pregnant, just because it's a tough thing to go through, but I'm sure the baby will be a blessing, and far be it from me to criticize them for that - I personally heaved a sigh of relief when my daughter got married, that we had not had to contend with that. They are a very attractive family, they appear to be a close family, and I wish them well.

I won't be voting for that ticket, but that certainly has not changed since he selected his VP.

12. colinmama

colinmama Guest

I'm 90% sure that I'm voting McCain but it just makes me wonder how her teenage daughter ended up pregnant while under her roof?!? Can't have those kind of OOPS happen under the roof of the White House. Just makes me think for a moment...

13. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

why is it she is any different then anybody ellse? I mean an oops can happen under anyones roof. and why would it be any different happening under the white house roof? i mean a teen pregnancy is hard anywhere itr happens.

14. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Those kinds of "oops" can happen anywhere rather easily unless you keep your teenage kids under lock and key. Even as a parent, you can not make a 17 YO take BC unless you stand right there and make sure and that in itself is a fallacy. You can't be for sure your teens kids are going to abstain or use protection. I'm sure that the Palins would have rather this not have happened, because it would have still been fodder for the Alaskan media. I imagine now there will be a rush to get that marriage issue resolved before January if in fact McCain wins.

I will agree and give kudos to Obama for his statement in Palin's defense. No matter what his sincerity on the issue, he does the right thing by discouraging it. However, we all know that he has plenty of attack dogs without he having to do the attacking himself. It has become the purpose of a few to do the tearing down.

I think Obama is either a very genuine person or the biggest phoney and I can't tell for sure...and I'm usually a good judge of character. I really want to like him, but that also gives me concern to be cautious. Obama seems to be a child of the modern world. He's not just biracial, but rooted in many different lands and cultures, intelligent, well versed and popular. That gives me concern that people will rush to judge him positively because they seemingly can relate to him. He even claims to be a distant relative of Jefferson Davis of all people.

15. colinmama

colinmama Guest

First, I never said teen pregnancy isn't hard. (In fact, I think preventable but that's for another debate.) How would it be any different under the White House roof? Well, let's think about that. Bill Clinton had an affair and was "serviced" in the oval office. This behavior happens every day in every town in America but it don't make the nightly news. It's different because these people are held to a higher standard whether it is fair or not. Yes, they are regular folks but you sign up for scrutiny and should conduct yourself in a way that you have nothing to be scrutinized for. I think this includes making sure that your teenage daughter is educated about birth control and safe sex. (And I'm not even suggesting that she be so conservative as to teach no sex before marriage, God forbid.) I'm just wondering how aware she was about what was going on in her own home.

16. colinmama

colinmama Guest

You're right, but I'm going to do everything I can to put the fear of God into them about it. It's certainly not a topic to just say "well you can't do anything about it."

17. KDsGrandma

Actually, I think she is so conservative as to teach no sex before marriage. I have read in a couple of places (before this news came out) that Palin supported abstinence-only sex education. One of many of her positions that I disagree with, because I think real sex education is one good way to reduce the number of teen pregnancies, and to reduce the number of abortions.

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

19. clements4christ

clements4christ Well-Known Member

I thought Gov Palin was running for Vice President? She won't be in the White House. I know she would only be "a heartbeat away", but fact still remains, she is a VP nominee not the Pres nominee.

my $.02

20. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008